Week Fourteen: Detroit Lions (9-3) @ Chicago Bears (4-8)

MichiganCardinal

8 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

They're better than last year's Vikings team. They just don't play to potential, every. ****ing. week.

They're not though. They haven't played "to their potential" since before the Baltimore game. It's been a mess since then, got trouced by Baltmore, just about gave away the Raiders game, looked horrible against the Bears twice and against the Packers, gave up 5 straight TDs to a Chargers team that has been a popgun offense since and got lucky against New Orleans that Winston sucks. They're roughly a .500 team disguised as 9-4. Beat up on the god awful NFC South and has largely struggled against everybody else.

The main thing to take away from this is that Goff has turned into a pumpkin. I wonder how they handle this going forward.

Edited by NYLion

lol at st brown. He can’t catch at all.  I hope the bears go score another touchdown. They need to. The lions need to be fully embarrassed.  They need start losing now. It’s the only way they will wake up and realize they have to make adjustments. They are running the same **** plan out there week by week and it isn’t working. And every coach is out here telling us it is working. The coaches have gotten arrogant towards the fans and think we are stupid.  **** them.  

Just now, MichiganCardinal said:

Will this be the wake-up call? Will they finally see that status quo hasn't been working since week four? That they've been skating by with talent alone?

Probably not.

I just don’t see it.  I don’t see any chance that they wake up at all. The coaches, in their weekly press conferences, have basically told the fans we are stupid.  They are gonna keep doing the same thing to spite us.  The contempt for the fans from the coaches has been growing. They kept winning and because of it they thought the fans were idiots for calling them out.  It’s clear as day now.  The coaches are a real problem. Too stubborn to accept their weaknesses. 

I think this regime suffers at least a small bit from smartest guys in the room syndrome. We don't need to make aggressive moves at the deadline, we don't need to change our scheme, we don't need to make substantive schematic changes. We like our team, we like our coaching staff, everything's fine. We've been struggling on one side of the ball or the other and we've been able to masquerade our struggles with a few wins.

Just now, TP_Fan said:

I just don’t see it.  I don’t see any chance that they wake up at all. The coaches, in their weekly press conferences, have basically told the fans we are stupid.  They are gonna keep doing the same thing to spite us.  The contempt for the fans from the coaches has been growing. They kept winning and because of it they thought the fans were idiots for calling them out.  It’s clear as day now.  The coaches are a real problem. Too stubborn to accept their weaknesses. 

Each of the last two seasons they've needed one. Effectively fired Lynn in 2021. Fired Pleasant in 2022.

Without anything this year, they've stumbled into 9-3.

2 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Will this be the wake-up call? Will they finally see that status quo hasn't been working since week four? That they've been skating by with talent alone?

Probably not.

Can't fire our defensive coordinator this late in the season. The team will just have to accept their lumps and the fans will need to be disappointed. Maybe we can draft some defense?

1 minute ago, Sports_Freak said:

Can't fire our defensive coordinator this late in the season. The team will just have to accept their lumps and the fans will need to be disappointed. Maybe we can draft some defense?

They can only draft defense if he's a perfect saint off the field and he has to be a gritty, try hard guy. Must pass Campbell's "I love and breathe football and need to eat kneecaps for breakfast, lunch and dinner" test first talent be damned. 

3 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I think this regime suffers at least a small bit from smartest guys in the room syndrome. We don't need to make aggressive moves at the deadline, we don't need to change our scheme, we don't need to make substantive schematic changes. We like our team, we like our coaching staff, everything's fine. We've been struggling on one side of the ball or the other and we've been able to masquerade our struggles with a few wins.

This is spot on. And it’s why the coaches are growing frustrated with the fans.  They think we are idiots.