Week Fourteen: Detroit Lions (9-3) @ Chicago Bears (4-8)

MichiganCardinal

Watching the Vikings. If we would have fired AG and hired Flores this team would be tough team man.  Flores is so good at defense.  Aaron Glenn is not a legit DC in this league and Campbells nepotism is contributing to the pending collapse. 

Edited by TP_Fan

31 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Does it feel like this season when a team gets a second look at the Lions, ie a division opponent, they improve against us and we don't make adjustments and get better? I know, we beat the Bears the last time by adjusting late in the game and winning. But it feels like both Chicago and Green Bay adjust to our gameplan and we don't as effectively to them. 

Seems like all teams adjust every 3rd quarter of every game

Rewatching some of this game, Hutchinson was the worst defender on the field in the second half. Trying too hard.  Both TDs were his fault.  The egregious offside, can’t even try and defend that, and then on fields 3rd and 11, he stunts inside and leaves his half of the field wide open while being wiped out.   Low IQ football from him. That’s more coaching I think.  They should have known in 4th and 13 they aren’t snapping  it.  3rd and 11. You just have to keep the edge. Just ugly. 

Edited by TP_Fan

1 minute ago, The Ronz said:

The Lions aren't making the playoffs.

Whenever anyone asks who I think will win the Super Bowl, my answer is always the same... it depends on which team peaks at the right time. We've all seen good teams steamroll thru the season - only to crater in the playoffs. And we've seen mediocre teams back in and go on an unbelievable run.

Are the Lions are in danger of falling short of the playoffs now? It'll depend on whether they can somehow get it together and peak late. Maybe not probable. But it's possible

if the lions win more than 10 games this season will be a success, imo.

all this talk of them being better than san fran or philly was just wishcasting.  

the nfl is a week to week league.  the lions need to get their act together and win a couple more games and win the division.  that will be a great success considering the lack of talent this team has on defense.

last week you were all gushing over jared goff.  still feeling that way now?  lol.

1 minute ago, buddha said:

all this talk of them being better than san fran or philly was just wishcasting.  

the nfl is a week to week league.  the lions need to get their act together and win a couple more games and win the division.  that will be a great success considering the lack of talent this team has on defense.

last week you were all gushing over jared goff.  still feeling that way now?  lol.

Where do you see the wins coming?  Sean Payton is going to eat Glenn for lunch.  Can’t win in Minnesota. Dallas? No shot.  Only real chance to win a game is home against the Vikings and then the playoffs will likely be on the line. 

5 minutes ago, TP_Fan said:

Where do you see the wins coming?  Sean Payton is going to eat Glenn for lunch.  Can’t win in Minnesota. Dallas? No shot.  Only real chance to win a game is home against the Vikings and then the playoffs will likely be on the line. 

i think they'll beat the broncos and the vikings at home.

i give them a really good chance of beating the vikings on the road too.  i think the vikings may not win another game.

12 minutes ago, buddha said:

I haven't heard anyone say the Lions are better than SF or Philly. I have hoped they might end up with a better record than SF or Philly since those teams both had first place schedules and have tougher divisional opponents than Detroit. 

At the start of the season I had the Lions winning 11 games. With four games remaining, they are still on track to win 11. (I know there is a lot of handwringing, but I don't see them losing even one game to Minnesota, which struggled to muster three points against the Raiders today.) I don't see them being a threat to Dallas, but Denver is a tossup. 

1 minute ago, Jason_R said:

I haven't heard anyone say the Lions are better than SF or Philly. I have hoped they might end up with a better record than SF or Philly since those teams both had first place schedules and have tougher divisional opponents than Detroit. 

At the start of the season I had the Lions winning 11 games. With four games remaining, they are still on track to win 11. (I know there is a lot of handwringing, but I don't see them losing even one game to Minnesota, which struggled to muster three points against the Raiders today.) I don't see them being a threat to Dallas, but Denver is a tossup. 

multiple people in multiple lions threads on this site have either outright written as much, or implied as much numerous times.

i said 10 wins.  now i think they'll win 11.

1 hour ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

His decision to go for it in the second quarter was not the right decision.

Going for it has the possibility of putting a lot of pressure on your defense. If you have a top ranked defense, you can get away with a failed 4th down attempt. The Lions don't have a top ranked defense, so it's a bad move, going for it from your side of the 50.

4 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Going for it has the possibility of putting a lot of pressure on your defense. If you have a top ranked defense, you can get away with a failed 4th down attempt. The Lions don't have a top ranked defense, so it's a bad move, going for it from your side of the 50.

He choked again. Sometimes his 4th down attempts are well timed to put pressure on the opponent. Sometimes they are when he feels pressure. Today's was the latter.

It doesn't seem like anyone trusts anyone else right now. Everyone is pressing, and it all goes back to the Baltimore game when they could not do a thing to stop the Ravens. Well, they haven't been able to do much to stop anyone else since. I suspect that's what Campbell was talking about today when he blamed execution. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jason_R said:

He choked again. Sometimes his 4th down attempts are well timed to put pressure on the opponent. Sometimes they are when he feels pressure. Today's was the latter.

It doesn't seem like anyone trusts anyone else right now. Everyone is pressing, and it all goes back to the Baltimore game when they could not do a thing to stop the Ravens. Well, they haven't been able to do much to stop anyone else since. I suspect that's what Campbell was talking about today when he blamed execution. 

Here’s the defense saying as much.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2023/12/10/detroit-lions-defense-has-officially-lost-our-confidence-and-swagger/71874273007/

3 hours ago, buddha said:

multiple people in multiple lions threads on this site have either outright written as much, or implied as much numerous times.

i said 10 wins.  now i think they'll win 11.

Multiple people on this site said they thought the Lions were better than SF and Philly? I know MB was posting stats comparing the Lions defense to the Eagles defense but I think most outside of TP of course have had some pretty measured expectations throughout.