Week Fourteen: Detroit Lions (9-3) @ Chicago Bears (4-8)

MichiganCardinal

4 minutes ago, ben9753 said:

I honestly think the Bears are in a better position to compete for a SB in the next 3 years than the Lions. 

This was the year to win the division. The Bears and Packers have ascending young teams that won't be down for long and the Vikings have a lot of talent. If the Lions blow the division this year, the drought might last quite a bit longer.

Just now, Mr.TaterSalad said:

A fitting ending for Jared Goff today. Any talk of an extension should be officially gone after today. 

When he has time to throw, he's really good. He just doesn't have the quick feet to escape pressure, or the wheels to take off running. Makes him a little easier to game plan for if you have a defense that can bring pressure

• Thanks 1

Just now, Mr.TaterSalad said:

My lord, if the Packers win tomorrow this town is going to be in full panic mode about the division. Really not looking forward to that. 

I don’t see a path for the lions winning the division. They are surely losing their last 3. Next week is their last shot at a win 

Just now, NYLion said:

This was the year to win the division. The Bears and Packers have ascending young teams that won't be down for long and the Vikings have a lot of talent. If the Lions blow the division this year, the drought might last quite a bit longer.

I said this the other week, but if they somehow blow the division and miss the playoffs then we're having a whole different conversation that we don't want to have to have. 

Just now, number20 said:

Damn. A win today would've been nice. Figured they'd split with the Bears this year given they way they've been playing lately. That Thanksgiving loss to the Packers is the one I'm still shocked about

Nothing was shocking about that.  That’s the way they have played for 2 months. Every game has been the same.  

Just now, TP_Fan said:

Nothing was shocking about that.  That’s the way they have played for 2 months. Every game has been the same.  

True, but the Packers were a losing team down 5 starters. And the Lions still got absolutely destroyed in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Just didn't expect that at all

This has been the theme lately.  Failure has been masquerading as discipline, says the coaches. But numbers say otherwise.  Eye test too.  I’d encourage all to watch the coaching interviews this coming week. Last week I really thought they took issue with the fans/media. AG in particular was upset about being asked about adjustments. It was telling.

I love Campbell, but I’m starting to wonder if they can’t see what actually is happening.  They are being out-schemed on both sides of the ball. It’s a problem. 

I know @Motown Bombers about to come in here telling us that Goff is a Super Bowl QB and Glenn is doing the best he can.  

Does it feel like this season when a team gets a second look at the Lions, ie a division opponent, they improve against us and we don't make adjustments and get better? I know, we beat the Bears the last time by adjusting late in the game and winning. But it feels like both Chicago and Green Bay adjust to our gameplan and we don't as effectively to them.