12/23/23 @ 7:30 PM EST Detroit Pistons @ Brooklyn Nets

Tigeraholic1

• Tigeraholic1 changed the title to 12/23/23 @ 7:30 PM EST Detroit Pistons @ Brooklyn Nets

Where's the owner?    Have Troy Weaver or Arn Tellem bothered to talk to the media or address the fans?  

I give Monty Williams credit - he's taking all the bullets............but then again, he did agree to take this job.    

Double dip against Brooklyn with the very likely possibility that they'll break the single-season losing streak record at home. 

I want them to go all the way now.   I want to be talking about a 33 or 34 game losing streak.   Heck, why not a full half-season of a losing streak.  

Hey Tom, you win.  You can sell this dog**** team for 3 times what you paid for it and you probably made a bundle off the property in Auburn Hills.   Now sell the team, go away, don't even come back to Michigan again and, in the most genial and general terms, go **** yourself and your t-shirts. 

2 hours ago, buddha said:

cade is not the problem.

yeah - we know the team can't score the basketball - or play D. But strictly from an isolated player development standpoint you'd like to see the guy hit the highest possible ceiling. With a team this bad all that's left of any interest to watch is the pool on when the 1st head rolls in the front office, and how good Cade might be able to be.

i listened to the locked on pistons podcast today to hear a two part episode for jeiii making excuses for troy weaver (what did they expect to get for bruce brown?  joe harris was a great shooter!  monte morris hits 40% from 3!  the front office is committed to the process.)  

then the next day its "there's a lot of stuff behind the scenes i cant say."

which means the "voice of troy weaver" told him that its arn tellum and ed stefanski's fault and that he never wanted monty in the first place.

the blame game...it has begun.

• Like 1

tom gores' interview with the beat reporters is exactly as vapid and "corporate speak" as you can imagine.

the pistons are "nimble".  the idea that he'd sell the team is ridiculous because the team does so much for the community.  the losses are on him (and troy).  the players are tremendous.  monty is great.

• Thanks 1

Just now, buddha said:

tom gores' interview with the beat reporters is exactly as vapid and "corporate speak" as you can imagine.

the pistons are "nimble".  the idea that he'd sell the team is ridiculous because the team does so much for the community.  the losses are on him (and troy).  the players are tremendous.  monty is great.

Probably had ChatGPT plugged into one ear.

5 hours ago, Deleterious said:

He defends much better than the Pistons do.

Edwards is the ultimate front office simp.   He’s so pathetic.  I can’t imagine he’s got any credibility left with this fanbase.  

I won’t be a bit surprised when he eventually gets fired from The Athletic and is hired by Platinum Equity in some capacity.  

• Like 1

Hey guys, stop chanting "sell the team" because they do good work in the community, you're being ridiculous getting upset with an owner of a 2-25 team and hasn't won a playoff game since 2008. They're good in the community (which makes them special I guess) so leave them alone Nand keep paying for overpriced seats to watch a completely unwatchable product. Is this guy serious with those comments?

But don't worry, changes are coming. Not Monty or Troy because good ole Tom is "all over them" but maybe the janitor or one of the people that shoots T-shirts into the crowd. Changes are coming guys. 

• Like 1

Gores kept mentioning a group of 8 players under 22 and salary cap flexibility like that matters.   He’s stuck in 2008.   They have 1 elite young player and need to do everything in their power to find just 1 more.  If they are really lucky they find a good but not elite 3rd option and after that fill in the rest of the roster with guys that take and make a 3 pointer.   

Gores kept mentioning a group of 8 players under 22 and salary cap flexibility like that matters.   He’s stuck in 2008.   They have 1 elite young player and need to do everything in their power to find just 1 more.  If they are really lucky they find a good but not elite 3rd option and after that fill in the rest of the roster with guys that take and make a 3 pointer.   

Yup - Weaver has drafted/collected a stable of 2nd team role players without ever having any core players beyond Cade to put them around. They are a long way from anywhere now and there is no indication that either Weaver or Gores even understands what a player in today's  NBA is supposed to look like.

6 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Yup - Weaver has drafted/collected a stable of 2nd team role players without ever having any core players beyond Cade to put them around. They are a long way from anywhere now and there is no indication that either Weaver or Gores even understands what a player in today's  NBA is supposed to look like.

supposed to look good in the community. 

can't give weaver credit for Cade, he was the #1 pick at #1.     I could have made that call. 

The Pistons at 2-26 actually had winning record this season.  

The 2003 Detroit Tigers had to win 5 out of their last 6 to avoid tying or breaking the all time loss record.  they rallied at the end to avoid that embarrassing record.    Do the Pistons have that in them tonight?      My guess is no, but they'll be doing some really good community stuff soon.