12/23/23 @ 7:30 PM EST Detroit Pistons @ Brooklyn Nets

Tigeraholic1

listening to another pistons pod today with them talking about how the pistons cut off access if you dont say nice things about them.  which makes sense considering the tone of the beat reporters.

langlois i understand because he works for the team.  he's not going to badmouth them.  jeiii is weaver's mouthpiece and must be getting info from him.  the news and freep guys have actually been forced to be more critical the past week after a year of excuses.

If I am Gores, I spend the next few months finding a basketball man to run that side of the organization.  If you want to keep Tellem and those folks on the business side, knock yourself out.  But I want someone new in charge of running the basketball side.  I don't care if it is a President/GM combo or  just a GM.

The scouting department has to be rebuilt.  This team is not good at identifying talent.  Not in the draft.  Not via trade.  Not via free agency.  The entire department needs to be rebuilt from the ground up.  It has to be built to understand and react to the modern game.  Anyone suggesting you acquire 3 traditional bigs should be instantly fired.

The next department to be rebuilt is player development.  Think about all the recent draft picks and young players on this team.  Think about the first game you watched them play and this last game.  Outside of Stewart developing a three point shot, almost all of them are the exact same player as day 1 in the league.  

I don't know who I would target for the top job(s).  I think my first call would be to Bob Myers and see if he has any interest at all in coming here.  He built the Golden State teams so he has some past success.  Still young at 48.  I imagine it would take a dump truck full of cash to lure him to Detroit.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, buddha said:

listening to another pistons pod today with them talking about how the pistons cut off access if you dont say nice things about them.  which makes sense considering the tone of the beat reporters.

langlois i understand because he works for the team.  he's not going to badmouth them.  jeiii is weaver's mouthpiece and must be getting info from him.  the news and freep guys have actually been forced to be more critical the past week after a year of excuses.

If this is true, then there is very little hope for the future.  This is terrible leadership, whether it's coming from Gores or somebody else.  If it's coming from somebody else, Gores needs to get rid of them immediately.

Edited by Hart

Glad Vecenie went on rant.  It's good people not part of the Detroit media are bringing light that something is rotting inside this organization.  

Interesting take on Weaver doubling down on his mistakes.  It seems spot on.  The fact Killian is still around is insane.  

I don't hold Cade and Ivey too much against Weaver yet though.  The Pistons can start exploring trades but it's too early to sell low on those guys.  There may be an element of coaching and development that we should be more concerned about with those two.  

Edited by Hart
  • Like 1

I want them to own that record.  Both records - the single-season (which they will clinch at home on Tuesday),  then tying the overall record at the best team in Boston and then come home, against Toronto and own that all-time record.   I mean, once your home team gets THIS bad, you want them to completely crater, so it brings embarrassment.    But I don't know if Gores cares enough for that.   It's a business transaction, it's a real estate venture and nothing else.    Man, this sucks.   What a waste of Cade Cunningham (and Jalen Duren).    Go get this record..........own it!

14 hours ago, Deleterious said:

OK Stewart will get the TO there.  But Bojan threw the pass down around his knees.   You cant put a pass there for a big man.

The passing in general has been ugly.  I didn’t watch this game, but there have been plenty of questionable decisions this season and certainly lately.  It is bad pick up game level awful at times.

They haven't played a competitive game since before Thanksgiving. They're not only losing games, they're getting blown out every single game, this isn't just the worst team in NBA history it's the worst team in sports history and it might not be all that close.  Thank god for the Lions, wait....what did I just say?