Your 2023 NFC North Champion Detroit Lions

MichiganCardinal

I think back to where I was when the Lions last won the division and hosted a playoff game. I was an 11 year old kid who while being a big Lions fan was a bigger fan of the Power Rangers. I remember my Mom telling my brothers and I that she would take us to Toys R Us and buy us a couple Power Rangers(they were in demand and hard to get but were getting a new shipment in that day) but we'd be forced to have to behave while shopping with her the rest of the day. We took the deal and in turn only got to hear bits and pieces of the game while traveling between stores but considering the outcome of the game and how awesome those toys were it was probably smart move.

Still though no way you could've told me then that I would have to wait till I was in my 40s to see another Lions division win and home playoff game. 

1 minute ago, RandyMarsh said:

I think back to where I was when the Lions last won the division and hosted a playoff game. I was an 11 year old kid who while being a big Lions fan was a bigger fan of the Power Rangers. I remember my Mom telling my brothers and I that she would take us to Toys R Us and buy us a couple Power Rangers(they were in demand and hard to get but were getting a new shipment in that day) but we'd be forced to have to behave while shopping with her the rest of the day. We took the deal and in turn only got to hear bits and pieces of the game while traveling between stores but considering the outcome of the game and how awesome those toys were it was probably smart move.

Still though no way you could've told me then that I would have to wait till I was in my 40s to see another Lions division win and home playoff game. 

The last time they won a division my body didn't ache all the time.    That's how long it's been. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

This is also the first division title by a Detroit Sports team since the Tigers in 2014, going 9 years or basically 36 individual seasons without winning a division may be more pathetic than the Lions thirty year drought. 

It was approaching the longest ever.  Plenty of regular season division titles (or regular season league titles) by Tigers, Wings or Lions between 1934-1957. Went 8 years between 1957 (Lions) and 1965 (Wings). Went 11 years between 1972 (Tigers) and 1983 (Lions). Plenty by the Tigers, Pistons, Wings (and even a couple by the Lions) between 1984 and 2014.