Detroit Lions 2024 Offseason Thread

15 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

The police in Florida said they suspected he was still in Florida and not in Michigan. When was his car spotted in Florida? Is someone else driving it? Where is he now? Has anyone talked to him since the Lions? Is he still in Michigan? This just gets more bizarre. 

This is just so, as you said, bizarre. I wonder if he just sorta snapped... like:

"Oh ****, oh ****, oh ****... what do I do, what do I do? I f'ed up bad."

And then just sort of went home and hoped it all would just go away and the more he ignored it without police busting down his door the more he thought maybe it would all just blow over and so he just kept ignoring it. I mean, obviously this makes no sense logically, but that assumes he's thinking clearly and logically... and plainly he's not.

To respond to @Hongbit, showing up in Allen Park doesn't make him more guilty, but the fact he left what could have been his best support structure AND hasn't turned himself in sure makes is seem like he's guilty. I mean if you believe your innocent or at least that there were mitigating circumstances, the Lions would be a great friend to have in your corner.

22 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Not that power rankings mean anything but ESPN put out their post FA one today and the Lions are number 2 behind the Chiefs. I have to believe this has to be the highest they have ever been on any power rankings since that became a thing.

Easily. In fact, there's probably not even a handful of seasons in which they were even considered top 10 before a season. This is completely new territory for any Lions fan under the age of 80.

45 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Will it be this?   We'll know before the draft

r/detroitlions - Detroit Lions mixtape uniform concept, a mashup of old and new uniforms alike. Doing one for every team. And yes, the Lions have worn blue helmets before.

Looks good if so, as best I can try to visualize it with the helmet and pants combinations.  Back to traditionally styled numbers and outlines. What I hope is they don't make a huge mess by infusing black...felt forced and I never liked it.  

4 hours ago, AlaskanTigersFan said:

So changing topics a little. With the new kick off, is it even possible to try an On-Side kick? 

Yes, but it has to be declared ahead of time, and at least the original rule (don't know if it was modified before being passed) stated that it could only be in the 4th quarter by a team that was trailing. So no surprise on-sides kicks.

1 hour ago, Sports_Freak said:

I don't understand this rule change;

"Owners on Monday also approved a proposal to allow for the enforcement of a major foul by the offense prior to a change of possession in a situation where there are fouls by both teams."

Yeah, I wasn't sure on that either. The only thing I can think of is a situation where the offense holds a defender, the QB throws an interception, then on the return a defensive player does an illegal block in the back. I think by rule right now the penalties would off set and the ball would go back to the offensive team. This new rule would allow the defense to keep the interception maybe?

8 minutes ago, RedRamage said:

Yeah, I wasn't sure on that either. The only thing I can think of is a situation where the offense holds a defender, the QB throws an interception, then on the return a defensive player does an illegal block in the back. I think by rule right now the penalties would off set and the ball would go back to the offensive team. This new rule would allow the defense to keep the interception maybe?

But that illegal block is after the interception, so the turnover would count, wouldn't it?

7 hours ago, KnoxP said:

Looks good if so, as best I can try to visualize it with the helmet and pants combinations.  Back to traditionally styled numbers and outlines. What I hope is they don't make a huge mess by infusing black...felt forced and I never liked it.  

Totally. Every time I hear someone on The Ticket say they want black jerseys or outlines I lose it a little bit, lol. Those unis were the worst in the history of the franchise, for the reason you mentioned: it was forced. Black works great when it's a primary team color, but it looks try-hard when it isn't. We're not the Raiders or the Steelers. We're the f**king Lions. Now with that said, I wouldn't mind a darker shade of blue. Not navy or midnight blue, but just a tad darker than Honolulu blue.

The jersey in that mock-up is honestly damn near perfect, IMO. I really hope they go back to traditional block numbers.

7 minutes ago, holygoat said:

Totally. Every time I hear someone on The Ticket say they want black jerseys or outlines I lose it a little bit, lol. Those unis were the worst in the history of the franchise, for the reason you mentioned: it was forced. Black works great when it's a primary team color, but it looks try-hard when it isn't. We're not the Raiders or the Steelers. We're the f**king Lions. Now with that said, I wouldn't mind a darker shade of blue. Not navy or midnight blue, but just a tad darker than Honolulu blue.

The jersey in that mock-up is honestly damn near perfect, IMO. I really hope they go back to traditional block numbers.

I just want them to add this somewhere... Detroit Blue

We are going to need a WR #3 because I don't think Raymond or DPJ adequate replacements for Reynolds. As much as I would prefer a CB in round 1 now with Sutton off the team, I wouldn't be opposed to taking someone like a Keon Coleman at pick #29. And if a WR is their BPA on the board and a culture fit, I could see them taking one at #29.