Detroit Lions 2024 Offseason Thread

Just now, MichiganCardinal said:

How often do they schedule divisional games overseas? The Lions are due for an international game but usually they aren’t divisional rivalries.

They usually avoid it but the Lions make so much sense for Germany. The Lions just got those international right for Germany and St Brown is the only star NFL player with German connections. Bonus that his brother is on the Bears. I'm surprised the Lions weren't picked to host the game in Germany. 

1 hour ago, Hongbit said:

ESB is a free agent and will need a good camp somewhere to make a roster into the season.   Wouldn’t shock me at all to see the Lions bring him in for a shot.

he's a good blocker, that's about it.

1 hour ago, buddha said:

he's a good blocker, that's about it.

Just for the fun of it, I looked up his Draft analysis on NFL:

Weaknesses

Competitiveness feels optional for him at times. Needs to play with more consistent urgency. Struggles with physical cornerbacks. Crowded and harassed by North Carolina's M.J. Stewart and finished with just one catch. Routes and stems are rounded. Needs to do better at disguising route breaks. Doesn't create as much downfield separation as he could with better route leverage. Doesn't extend to pluck and allows throws to get into him. Hand strength is below average. Has catches that turn into drops due to lack of hand strength through contact. Body positioning and ball adjustments down the field are just OK.

How the heck is he the brother of Amon-Ra? Like competitiveness is the default setting for ARSB.

On a purely side note... it's probably WAAAAAAYYYY too late to consider this, but I wonder if ESB might have made a good safety? It seems the biggest knocks on him (outside of the competitiveness) are directly related to receiver things: His routes aren't crisp and he doesn't have great ball catching skills. His strengths include:

Early push into routes with quickness to decelerate and open and uncover on comebacks. Effortless glider. Much faster than he looks. Easy maneuvering around route traffic. Staccato footwork provides above average change of direction without slowing.

Seems like things that would be good for a DB.

7 minutes ago, RedRamage said:

Just for the fun of it, I looked up his Draft analysis on NFL:

How the heck is he the brother of Amon-Ra? Like competitiveness is the default setting for ARSB.

On a purely side note... it's probably WAAAAAAYYYY too late to consider this, but I wonder if ESB might have made a good safety? It seems the biggest knocks on him (outside of the competitiveness) are directly related to receiver things: His routes aren't crisp and he doesn't have great ball catching skills. His strengths include:

Early push into routes with quickness to decelerate and open and uncover on comebacks. Effortless glider. Much faster than he looks. Easy maneuvering around route traffic. Staccato footwork provides above average change of direction without slowing.

Seems like things that would be good for a DB.

Amon-ra is the youngest of the three brothers so maybe he had to compete more for attention? Equanimeous seems to have the better athletic traits, bigger, stronger and faster but never materialized. 

Tyler Boyd still has not signed anywhere. I imagine he's pricing himself out right now and teams are waiting until after the draft and until his financial demands drop a bit to sign him. I'd still be very much interested in Boyd if he's willing to take a 1-2 year deal.

2 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Tyler Boyd still has not signed anywhere. I imagine he's pricing himself out right now and teams are waiting until after the draft and until his financial demands drop a bit to sign him. I'd still be very much interested in Boyd if he's willing to take a 1-2 year deal.

How about 3 years?

"Spotrac projected Boyd’s market value to be about $26 million on a 3-year deal, giving him an average annual salary of roughly $8.7 million."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-insider-suggests-steelers-still-in-play-for-veteran-free-agent-wr/ar-BB1lbEsw

I could be wrong, but one minor complaint is that I think BH has been slow playing these extensions for some reason.

months ago he could have "set the WR market" at a lower number than 30M. same is true for Goff, who is going to get 50M per.