Detroit Lions 2024 Offseason Thread

1 minute ago, Sports_Freak said:

Sure, a WR coming to town would be a #3 WR. But don't discount the possibility of injuries. As well as asking Jaymo to step up and be a #2 receiver. This team has Super Bown aspirations so we need to have as much offensive power as we can. And...I hear we may have a very tough schedule. 

That...

And game plans change week-to-week based on matchups... and even in-game as well.

I would rather not go into the season with "Khalif Raymond is our #3 receiver? AWESOME!"

And would rather go into the season with "Tyler Boyd is our #3 receiver? (or DJ Chark) I feel MUCH better now. Thank you very much."

1 hour ago, Jason_R said:

Any WR they may sign will be no better than the sixth offensive option, behind Montgomery, Gibbs, ASB, LaPorta, and Williams. They’ll be fighting with Kalif Raymond for three targets a game. 

I’d guess Brad has given Chark’s agent suggested terms on a one year deal, but both parties are waiting for the market to settle after the draft and before training camp. But Chark developed a rapport with Goff and it would be surprising if there wasn’t mutual interest. I would love to see him back. 

If you're Chark it'd probably be nice to win a game or two and be thrown to by Goff instead of Bryce Young too.

19 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

If you're Chark it'd probably be nice to win a game or two and be thrown to by Goff instead of Bryce Young too.

Or, you know, maybe win a Super Bowl. 

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

As long as it's not for an achilles injury it probably shouldn't be that big of deal. Still though rather him not be injured though so def not good news. 

Injured playing Guitar Hero? Kicking an octopus? Chasing Joseph Fauria’s fake dog down the fake stairs?

Posted (edited)

For 1yr 5 million I would've been on that. Who knows though he may have preferred the Chargers since he should get more targets there.

As others have mentioned at best he'd behind St. Brown, LaPorta and the RBs here with the real possibility of Jamo as well given how he seemed to be more apart of the offense towards the end of the year. Considering it's just a 1 yr deal I could see him favoring a place where he could potentially get more targets and bigger numbers. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

I didnt watch Kenny G with the Giants so maybe he is just finished but I could see him being useful with the right qb.

The reason I think he was so good with Staff was that Matt wasn't afraid to throw it up or in tight windows and allow Kenny to go make a play.

otoh I think Jones is/was more of the qb that waits till your open to throw it to you, doesnt have the anticipation of a Stafford or Goff which hurt somebody like Kenny who doesnt get the early separation.

But like I said I didn't watch him so maybe his injuries caught up to him and he simply isn't the same player athletically but I could also see atleast part of the blame being on the qb for reasons I mentioned.

Not gonna lie, the Golladay comment was a joke.

He probably sat out all of 2023 for a reason. Not sure he’s got it in him anymore. He’ll also turn 31 during the season. If Holmes sees something and signs him I’ll be surprised, but I won’t complain.

Yeah I figured it was a joke but I brought him back up cause i heard some folks mention him so I wanted to give my 2 cents about him in case they did sign him and people freaked out about it.

I of course forgot he sat out all last season and is already 31 so you can prob disresgard everything I speculated about in my previous post.