Detroit Lions 2024 Offseason Thread

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

What a complete moron.  This is what happens when you don't have a good support group around you.

Everyone was talking about the decisions Jaymo made and he did do some stupid stuff although after I heard his parents talk, it made me feel good that he had a good support system around him.  Also the things he did weren't criminal, just dumb comments and not knowing the rules fully.

I still think Jamo got a bit railroaded by stupid NFL rules. Sure, you can say he should have known them, but surveys that went out after the fact showed that most players didn’t.

You can gamble, from not in this parking lot, or this hotel, or that facility, but across the street from any of those is fine.

• Like 1

The suspension wasn't the only thing he did that was a dumb decision.  Everything he did was harmless but it showed some immaturity.  Just saying, seeing what his parents said and the fact that we have strong character personalities on this team made me feel better about his direction.  If he turns out as a pro bowler or a very reliable WR is still to be determined. 

Now everyone loves Campbell and the direction the Lions have gone with high character players.  Although it took some time for the fans and media to get on the bandwagon. These are situations why you want a strong locker room.  Being a big bad boys fans.  Rodman needed those high character players and coaches around him to keep him in line and flourish (Isiah, Jordan, Daily, Jackson,....etc).  BTW I am not saying Jaymo is anything close to Rodman (as far as talent or a headcase), just using him as an extreme example.  I feel like I am in the twilight zone and most decisions this team has made since getting rid of Quinn and Patricia has been about as good as you could expect.  I think one of the underrated decisions was to bring on Spielman to help make these decisions.  

10 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

You all seem to be forgetting Antoine Green.    He may surprise some people next season.    

Not discounting Green at all.

He's just an unknown factor at this point...

matt ryan was a really good qb.  if jared goff is a poor man's matt ryan, that's not a horrible thing.

that said, goff's last two years have been pretty "matt ryan"-ish.  based on that i wouldnt say goff is a "poor man's" matt ryan, he is a typical matt ryan.  now he needs to have a matt ryan 2016 season.