Snow Blower Recommendation

I was really hoping to baby the Ariens I got 4 years ago on FB Marketplace and make it thru this winter, but this morning the handle literally fell off in my hands - & there's really not enough metal there to try to weld it on.

Wondering what you guys & gals use - and is there one in particular you would say run away from?  What about electric vs gas?  Anybody try the eco-friendly stuff yet?

4 hours ago, Deleterious said:

But if yours still runs well I would try to find a replacement handle or take it to a welding/fabrication shop and repair it.  But I am very cheap.

This is close to my thinking. Check with your local small engine, lawn and tractor type dealer and see if it can be repaired. It's probably less expensive than a new one.

On 2/16/2024 at 3:47 PM, djhutch said:

I was really hoping to baby the Ariens I got 4 years ago on FB Marketplace and make it thru this winter, but this morning the handle literally fell off in my hands - & there's really not enough metal there to try to weld it on.

Wondering what you guys & gals use - and is there one in particular you would say run away from?  What about electric vs gas?  Anybody try the eco-friendly stuff yet?

I left my Toro Power Clear at the end of my driveway until someone finally took it, if that tells you anything about how I felt about it.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my new blower in Dec 2021, when a huge storm was coming and my wife saw a news story about a 50 year old having a heart attack shoveling.  So I got the last one at Lowe's.

I've used it 4 times and two of those times was just to use it, the snow wasn't heavy or deep.  Not once this year.  When it did snow for that week here it was followed quickly by an ice storm so I go ahead of it and got the 2 inches or whatever out of the way.  After that the ice was too lumpy.

I want my $1000 back!  I could have went to one of the Lions playoff games for that.