Michigan Men's Basketball: AKA the Michigan revenue sport that doesn't have an uber jaded fanbase waiting in the dark for failure.

romad1

buffalo was a good win.  buffalo should be good this year.

the second game was pure cupcake.  lets see how they fare against better teams.

the top of the big ten is loaded this year.  purdue is probably a little better than michigan.  illinois should be really good too.

22 minutes ago, buddha said:

buffalo was a good win.  buffalo should be good this year.

the second game was pure cupcake.  lets see how they fare against better teams.

the top of the big ten is loaded this year.  purdue is probably a little better than michigan.  illinois should be really good too.

I wouldn’t trade our lineup 

4 hours ago, romad1 said:

is Tater going to be changing his avatar to say Fire Juwan?

Juwan's done something in two seasons that Harbaugh hasn't in six. That being advanced in a playoff game (much less make one) and beat both his rivals in Ohio State and MSU. If Howard was 0-4 against MSU and missed the tourney I'd be p'oed.  

4 hours ago, buddha said:

i didnt watch the game but it sounds like michigan just missed a bunch of open 3s.  it'll happen.

Yeah, this was what was happening.  They eventually hit a couple late but too late.  

They have stuff to work on.  Its not a crisis.  final 4 team. 

1 hour ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Juwan's done something in two seasons that Harbaugh hasn't in six. That being advanced in a playoff game (much less make one) and beat both his rivals in Ohio State and MSU. If Howard was 0-4 against MSU and missed the tourney I'd be p'oed.  

Well he isn't and I appreciate you can take a little friendly ribbing.  

Edited by romad1

i'm not the only one who made this observation

https://mgoblog.com/content/michigan-65-tarleton-state-54

The final box score demonstrates the issues Michigan had in this game. The now well-described 22 turnovers stick out like a sore thumb, but some of the other numbers are just as alarming. Hunter Dickinson only attempting six total field goals is something that will need to change. DeVante' Jones playing the entire second half, despite never attempting a single shot of any kind and turning it over five times is ugly. Refusing to play Collins in that latter 20 minutes when Jones was giving you nothing offensively was the most befuddling decision Juwan Howard made tonight. Eli Brooks led the team with 15 points but went ice cold from distance in the second half and was responsible for five turnovers himself. Brandon Johns Jr. played 15 minutes that were generally ugly when he was visible. 

I can see trying to figure out how to get Jones going...but c'mon man!

On 11/25/2021 at 12:04 AM, romad1 said:

From what I've seen, this team's entire problem is that Jones is terrible at what he was brought in to do.   They need to use anyone else.

Juwan was hoping to find some more Mike Smith magic, but he’s definitely been a swing and miss so far. 

Edited by Tigerbomb13

2 hours ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

Juwan was hoping to find some more Mike Smith magic, but he’s definitely been a swing and miss so far. 

on paper, senior leadership at PG is what you'd like: Wisdom, understanding and athleticism.

Jones has been chaotic and ineffectual.

10 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Haven't watched a single minute of their games yet but I see that they lost again, this time to UNC. What is the problem? I know they lost Wagner and Livers but didn't they bring in a top class to help offset that? 

Lost a lot of shooting talent and the kids have not found their games yet.   I see great things in Diabate and Houstan but the overall package is lacking.