April Game Thread

8 minutes ago, buddha said:

i took the familly to a game two years ago and was amazed at how expensive it was.  but all hockey games are like that.  hawks tickets face value are ridiculously expensive.

I thought about going tonight which is why I was looking. But I can't justify $90 after fees on nosebleed seats to get in the door, when I know I'll spend at least another $30 in the building on beer. And that's for second-market tickets. Available tickets directly from the Wings are even more, which is why they'll go unsold.

It seems like there is an economic fault in their model, but I'm not smart enough to know for sure.

I'd rather go to the local watering hole, spend less than half that, have a better view of the game, and be able to leave if it goes south.... and so I will.

37 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I thought about going tonight which is why I was looking. But I can't justify $90 after fees on nosebleed seats to get in the door, when I know I'll spend at least another $30 in the building on beer. And that's for second-market tickets. Available tickets directly from the Wings are even more, which is why they'll go unsold.

It seems like there is an economic fault in their model, but I'm not smart enough to know for sure.

I'd rather go to the local watering hole, spend less than half that, have a better view of the game, and be able to leave if it goes south.... and so I will.

i brought a family of four.  once you get drinks, snacks, and merch it cost a lot of money.