April Game Thread

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

So we need to win and Philly has to beat Washington? 

Yes, not ideal. I thought tonight was a great chance for the Caps to drop a point. Good news though the game is in Philadelphia and I think the Flyers might still be mathematically alive (if the Flyers win in regulation those teo teams will be tied in points, RWs and ROWs. Don’t know to be honest. 

Edit: Sounds like Flyers are still alive, if this accurate. Good! Want them to be motivated. 

Edited by lordstanley

54 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

WAS IT OVER WHEN THE GERMANS BOMBED PEARL HARBOR

I love seeing that line on HFBoards because invariably a European or under-40 year old who doesn’t get the reference will go off on a rant about how stupid is the poster. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Yes, not ideal. I thought tonight was a great chance for the Caps to drop a point. Good news though the game is in Philadelphia and I think the Flyers might still be mathematically alive (if the Flyers win in regulation those teo teams will be tied in points, RWs and ROWs. Don’t know to be honest. 

Edit: Sounds like Flyers are still alive, if this accurate. Good! Want them to be motivated. 

So if Detroit wins and Philly wins, Detroit is in? Then the last spot goes to Pittsburgh or Philly?

20 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

So if Detroit wins and Philly wins, Detroit is in? Then the last spot goes to Pittsburgh or Philly?

NYI has clinched 3rd in the Metro. So only one spot up for grabs, the 2nd wildcard. 
Detroit has to beat Washington’s result by at least a point tomorrow. Ideally by winning.  Because if the Wings lose in overtime and the Caps lose in regulation to Philly, the Wings will finish ahead of Philly and Washington but Pittsburgh would be able to beat out the Wings by defeating NYI Wednesday. If the Wings win tomorrow, Pittsburgh can’t catch them. 

The tiebreakers are what they are. But too bad that the Wings lead Washington in RegulationOvertimeWins, Total Wins and goal differential but wll lose the tiebreaker due to fewer RegulationWins. 

15 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Flyers-Caps will be interesting if it's tight late because the Flyers need the regulation win. They lose if it goes to OT... Flyers will pull the goalie if it's tied late and will be eliminated if it does go to OT.

Is that game televised?

2 hours ago, Jason_R said:

🫡

Reminded me of Roman Wilson on the tying drive in the Rose Bowl.

Gostisbehere not only did a great job of jumping to catch it, but then the quick deft pass that if at all careless could have been intercepted for an easy empty netter.

• Thanks 1

I'm fed up with the naysayers....  did anybody reasonably expect them to make the playoffs higher than a 7 or 8 seed?

I've listened or watched parts of every game this year and was fortunate enough to be able to attend 5 games.  Regardless of what happens tonight this has been the most fun Red Wing season since they lost to Chicago in the 2013 playoffs, after leading 3-1.  Yes they had the losing streaks and blown leads, etc..... but that's the mark of a 7 or 8 seeded team so what did you expect?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, oblong said:

I'm fed up with the naysayers....  did anybody reasonably expect them to make the playoffs higher than a 7 or 8 seed?

I've listened or watched parts of every game this year and was fortunate enough to be able to attend 5 games.  Regardless of what happens tonight this has been the most fun Red Wing season since they lost to Chicago in the 2013 playoffs, after leading 3-1.  Yes they had the losing streaks and blown leads, etc..... but that's the mark of a 7 or 8 seeded team so what did you expect?

OK OK! I admit it, this has been the most enjoyable Wings team to watch since Dats and Z. 🙆‍♂️

Looking back the 'tease' was Lyon playing out of his mind for about a month that let us start believing the team was better than it is. I admit I got sucked into higher expectations even after posting in late Jan or Feb that they were way too dependent on what Lyon was doing and that he couldn't possible keep it up.

Edited by gehringer_2