4/17/24 1:10PM Rangers @ Tigers

13 minutes ago, kdog said:

This brings to mind Perez perfectly timing his leaping catch in yesterday's game right against the wall.  I think the ball would have gone out.  But even if it wouldn't have, he played that so impressively well for not having many reps in the Detroit OF.

53 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Have we always had this many day games scheduled in April in the past? 

I think they do it usually through the first two homestands. They have a day game next Friday vs KC, but that's because they want people cleared out before the draft.

Edited by kdog

I looked into this maybe last year or perhaps two years ago, but I'm pretty sure the Tigers have more weekday home day games than just about any other club, including the Cubs. For sure, every getaway game is a day game.

Perhaps if we ever get really good and get any kind of national or ex-pat following, we may see a higher percentage of home night games during the week, for the purpose of TV ratings.

The players themselves would prefer night games every game, even Sundays. They like the regularity of it, especially the no-day-game-after-a-night-game part, and also, it's a lot cooler playing at night and out of the hot sun, which matters everywhere except domes and the west coast.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I looked into this maybe last year or perhaps two years ago, but I'm pretty sure the Tigers have more weekday home day games than just about any other club, including the Cubs. For sure, every getaway game is a day game.

Perhaps if we ever get really good and get any kind of national or ex-pat following, we may see a higher percentage of home night games during the week, for the purpose of TV ratings.

The players themselves would prefer night games every game, even Sundays. They like the regularity of it, especially the no-day-game-after-a-night-game part, and also, it's a lot cooler playing at night and out of the hot sun, which matters everywhere except domes and the west coast.

I wonder if they prefer a day game on getaway day? I could see them wanting a night game if there's a day off before the next road game but a day game if they have to travel and play the next day.

The Tigers tried to make "Thursday Afternoon" a traditional day game but new rules prevented that for some 4 game series.

In the beginning of the season especially the Tigers began not having any midweek night games until later in April.  That started about 10 years ago.  I was surprised that Monday's game was a night game given the later games were day games but I suspect Texas travelling from Texas after a game might have forced their hand. It's related to weather along with the fact that night games are sparsely attended until school gets out.

8 minutes ago, Dtrain72 said:

Really? Greene again hitting leado...ahhhhh f*ck it

Hinch addressed this the other day. He said Greene only really leads off once. And he wants his best hitter to get as many at bats as possible. Hopefully, he gets on base and the guy after him stop hitting ground balls to the left side of the infield.