Vikings at Lions

TP_Fan

13 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

I just like watching you dig your heels in when you're wrong. Have you ever been accused of not being able to admit you were/are wrong?

8 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Yes you did. Don't you remember? Unfortunately for you, losing the game because you didn't get an extra possession and points is wrong. 

This response makes no sense. Are your heels slipping from being dug in? Just be a MAN and admit you are wrong.  I promise you, nobody cares.

Edited by Sports_Freak

1 minute ago, Motown Bombers said:

You want to be right so bad that you want me to say that not scoring 3 points when the Lions won by 2 was the right decision and I'm the troll?

Ok...you're not man enough to admit you are totally wrong. Tune into Campbell's presser, he brought it up. Said he lucked out after screwing up.

1 hour ago, lordstanley said:

This week:

Michigan wins B1G championship.

LIons win first game of season

Red Wings win 5 in a row and are in playoff position almost 1/3 of the way through season

Tigers sign a star shortstop

the tigers signed another shortstop besides baez?  who?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

Unfortunately everyone cannot be correct and smart like myself. 

In all seriousness, I respect your wits, you have an great abundance....it would be interesting to see what would happen if you expressed as much disgust with Lions mgt as you seem to with their critics.

1 minute ago, sabretooth said:

In all seriousness, I respect your wits, you have an great abundance....it would be interesting to see what would happen if you expressed as much disgust with Lions mgt as you seem to with their critics.

I just don't have patience for the Campbell derangement syndrome. All these threads are is just ranting about the coaching staff. I liked the aggressive call to try to get another possession and points. It didn't work exactly how the Lions wanted it to work, but it did and stopping the clock to gain an extra possession and points before half is not some reckless strategy. At most it gave the Vikings one extra play, at worst it gave the Lions 3 points. 

17 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I just don't have patience for the Campbell derangement syndrome. All these threads are is just ranting about the coaching staff. I liked the aggressive call to try to get another possession and points. It didn't work exactly how the Lions wanted it to work, but it did and stopping the clock to gain an extra possession and points before half is not some reckless strategy. At most it gave the Vikings one extra play, at worst it gave the Lions 3 points. 

I made a wrong turn getting on the freeway about 2 years ago. I turned around and went over the bridge over the freeway and noticed there was a huge traffic jam on the freeway. My mistake of missing the entrance ramp was the correct move, right? Same thing here. His mistake was overruled by an even bigger mistake by the Viking coach. Yeah, lucky on both examples.

But I'll see you next week to help explain all of Campbell's mistakes. There are several every game to point out.....

1 minute ago, Sports_Freak said:

I made a wrong turn getting on the freeway about 2 years ago. I turned around and went over the bridge over the freeway and noticed there was a huge traffic jam on the freeway. My mistake of missing the entrance ramp was the correct move, right? Same thing here. His mistake was overruled by an even bigger mistake by the Viking coach. Yeah, lucky on both examples.

But I'll see you next week to help explain all of Campbell's mistakes. There are several every game to point out.....

You're metaphor is wrong. It would be like taking a different exit to get to your destination quicker. Intentionally taking a shortcut. You didn't get there as quickly as you hoped, but you did get there quicker and your decision did actually turn out to be right. 

3 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

You're metaphor is wrong. It would be like taking a different exit to get to your destination quicker. Intentionally taking a shortcut. You didn't get there as quickly as you hoped, but you did get there quicker and your decision did actually turn out to be right. 

I'm going to expand on this metaphor. You're heading to work and you've been late every day this week. You can take the route were you have a good chance of being on time but you could be late but you do know you won't be early. The second route is quicker, but it has construction and you're not sure if there are backups. If there are not, you for sure will arrive early. You take the second route. There is some construction, not bad, it slows you down but you do make it to work two minutes early. Your boss is so impressed you end up getting a raise and promotion. 

42 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Goff. He can't throw to first but he can't hit either. 🤣🤣

He can throw fine to first, the problem is that he sees the guy running down the line and figures the firstbaseman is covered, so he checks down and throws to the second baseman instead.

8 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

The problem is, it's not a metaphor. It actually happened. I missed the entrance and saved myself from a huge traffic jam. So I was correct missing the ramp, according to you.

Just now, Sports_Freak said:

The problem is, it's not a metaphor. It actually happened. I missed the entrance and saved myself from a huge traffic jam. So I was correct missing the ramp, according to you.

You screwed up. You didn't make a decision. This isn't the same. You haven't provided a reasoned argument why calling the timeout was a bad decision. 

4 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I'm going to expand on this metaphor. You're heading to work and you've been late every day this week. You can take the route were you have a good chance of being on time but you could be late but you do know you won't be early. The second route is quicker, but it has construction and you're not sure if there are backups. If there are not, you for sure will arrive early. You take the second route. There is some construction, not bad, it slows you down but you do make it to work two minutes early. Your boss is so impressed you end up getting a raise and promotion. 

And you were in the backseat, tapping me on the shoulder and telling me to just turn around and go home. 

Hey, making up crazy stories is fun.

2 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

You screwed up. You didn't make a decision. This isn't the same. You haven't provided a reasoned argument why calling the timeout was a bad decision. 

I think it's obvious to anyone who knows basic football strategy. Unless somebody just wants to defend the undefendable.