"Lions" at Broncos

buddha

2 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Poor kids. They may want to stay in school and avoid the draft. Maybe not answer their phone? Pretend the Lions are bill collectors? 😅😅😅

Stafford could have went back for his senior season. It was no secret the Lions were going to have the #1 pick before he declared for the draft. He could have even pulled an Eli Manning, but he agreed to a contract with the Lions before the draft. 

1 minute ago, Motown Bombers said:

They couldn't wait to leave despite the fact two of them signed long term contract extensions, or in Stafford's case, two contract extensions. If the Lions really did ruin their careers, they would have been out of football. The only one out of football is in the hall of fame. 

Can you at least admit the Lions have sucked for the last 60 years?

1 minute ago, Motown Bombers said:

Stafford could have went back for his senior season. It was no secret the Lions were going to have the #1 pick before he declared for the draft. He could have even pulled an Eli Manning, but he agreed to a contract with the Lions before the draft. 

Loyal to a fault. But even he had enough and wanted out. I wish the very best for him. Go Rams!!

1 minute ago, Sports_Freak said:

Can you at least admit the Lions have sucked for the last 60 years?

You keep moving the goal posts because you're just lazy. The Lions have been a bad franchise and probably the worst of the four major leagues. That doesn't mean that every decision they ever made has been wrong, it doesn't mean that every player they drafted have had their careers ruined, and it doesn't mean that every future decision will be the wrong one. 

I'm sure you won't admit that Stafford, Johnson and Suh didn't have their careers ruined but you're too lazy to admit that. 

Just now, Motown Bombers said:

You keep moving the goal posts because you're just lazy. The Lions have been a bad franchise and probably the worst of the four major leagues. That doesn't mean that every decision they ever made has been wrong, it doesn't mean that every player they drafted have had their careers ruined, and it doesn't mean that every future decision will be the wrong one. 

I'm sure you won't admit that Stafford, Johnson and Suh didn't have their careers ruined but you're too lazy to admit that. 

Stafford and Suh got out while they still had a bit in the tank. Johnson messed up by being too loyal. So yeah, all 3 of them had zero career success in Detroit. Hopefully Stafford will still be in competition for a couple Super Bowls.

3 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Wait, you're saying the Lions screwed up drafting Johnson, Stafford and Suh? 

Johnson quit. Suh and Matthew got out while they still could. With them, the Lions had ZERO playoff wins. So yeah, it doesn't matter who they drafted 10 years ago. They sucked before we had them. They sucked while we had them. And they'll suck forever. History has a funny way of repeating itself. 😅

Let me make sure I'm correct. You said the Lions would ruin Hutchinson's career as they have done in the past. I provided examples of players where their careers have not been ruined. Then you accuse me of defending a bad franchise, which I haven't, instead of addressing whether the specific players have had their careers ruined. You keep going back to, the Lions are a bad franchise, which is lazy. You then accuse me defending a bad franchise when discussing three specific draft picks which is the very definition of a strawmen and your lazy ass has the nerve to accuse me of making a strawman? 

Johnson quit. Suh and Matthew got out while they still could. With them, the Lions had ZERO playoff wins. So yeah, it doesn't matter who they drafted 10 years ago. They sucked before we had them. They sucked while we had them. And they'll suck forever. History has a funny way of repeating itself. 😅

That literally has nothing to do with whether those three players careers have been ruined as you initially stated. It's once again showing your laziness. 

3 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

That literally has nothing to do with whether those three players careers have been ruined as you initially stated. It's once again showing your laziness. 

Lazy people usually use vulgarity to hide their shortcomings. And the fact that their argument had no backing. So yeah, call me vulgar names and hide the fact that the Lions are a bad franchise. The very worst. Ever. In history. But come on, defend them some more.

8 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Let me make sure I'm correct. You said the Lions would ruin Hutchinson's career as they have done in the past. I provided examples of players where their careers have not been ruined. Then you accuse me of defending a bad franchise, which I haven't, instead of addressing whether the specific players have had their careers ruined. You keep going back to, the Lions are a bad franchise, which is lazy. You then accuse me defending a bad franchise when discussing three specific draft picks which is the very definition of a strawmen and your lazy ass has the nerve to accuse me of making a strawman? 

Strawman. Give up, you lose. Votes are in and it was a landslide. 😆😆😆

Just now, Sports_Freak said:

Lazy people usually use vulgarity to hide their shortcomings. And the fact that their argument had no backing. So yeah, call me vulgar names and hide the fact that the Lions are a bad franchise. The very worst. Ever. In history. But come on, defend them some more.

So what is it? Are the Stafford, Suh and Johnson bad picks or not? I literally said the Lions are the worst of the four major leagues. I'm defending the picks of Stafford, Suh, and Johnson. You're turning this into me defending the Lions franchise as a whole which is the very definition of a strawman. Those three were great picks who had a great careers. 

7 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

So what is it? Are the Stafford, Suh and Johnson bad picks or not? I literally said the Lions are the worst of the four major leagues. I'm defending the picks of Stafford, Suh, and Johnson. You're turning this into me defending the Lions franchise as a whole which is the very definition of a strawman. Those three were great picks who had a great careers. 

Yes, they were great picks, a bit of no brainer picks. But in the long run, does it matter? Think about this, Green Bay passed on Barry Sanders and took an MSU OT. Was that a bad pick? The world would probably say 99.999% yes. And yet Gteen Bay won a couple of Super Bowls and were also a serious contender most other years. I would trade the Barry years for their success. So players don't matter, stats are for losers. But Championships? That takes some luck, some talent and a ton of hard work. The Lions are 0-3 in those 3 traits. But yeah, come on and call me other vulgar names, it seems to be your only defense in defending the Lions.

Yes, they were great picks, a bit of no brainer picks. But in the long run, does it matter? Think about this, Green Bay passed on Barry Sanders and took an MSU OT. Was that a bad pick? The world would probably say 99.999% yes. And yet Gteen Bay won a couple of Super Bowls and were also a serious contender most other years. I would trade the Barry years for their success. So players don't matter, stats are for losers. But Championships? That takes some luck, some talent and a ton of hard work. The Lions are 0-3 in those 3 traits. But yeah, come on and call me other vulgar names, it seems to be your only defense in defending the Lions.

LOL, once again I'm not defending the Lions. They didn't ruin the careers of those three players. You said they would ruin the career of whoever they drafted. That's simply not true. You then always turn it around as defending the Lions as a whole which is a strawman and then accuse me of using a strawman. 

Think about this, maybe Green Bay would have won more than one Super Bowl if they drafted Barry Sanders and maybe Green Bay ruined Tony Mandarich's career. 

5 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

LOL, once again I'm not defending the Lions. They didn't ruin the careers of those three players. You said they would ruin the career of whoever they drafted. That's simply not true. You then always turn it around as defending the Lions as a whole which is a strawman and then accuse me of using a strawman. 

Think about this, maybe Green Bay would have won more than one Super Bowl if they drafted Barry Sanders and maybe Green Bay ruined Tony Mandarich's career. 

True. You're starting to catch on. I like educating you kids on Lions history, it's SO colorful. 😆

Nothing the Lions have done in the past matters when it comes to the future, this is a completely different organization top to bottom. Does that mean they are going to be good? Who knows but there is no point in bringing up what their history is when the people in charge have had nothing to do with said history. 

4 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Nothing the Lions have done in the past matters when it comes to the future, this is a completely different organization top to bottom. Does that mean they are going to be good? Who knows but there is no point in bringing up what their history is when the people in charge have had nothing to do with said history. 

The Saints used to be a joke of a franchise. Saints fans invented the bag over their head. They then hit the right combo of Sean Payton and Drew Brees and turned into a successful franchise. Even Arizona who arguably had a worse history than the Lions fell into a Super Bowl run and are now one of the top teams in the NFC. 

Not everything the Lions have ever done has been bad and not every thing the Lions will do in the future will be bad. It's just tired and lazy arguments. If people really think that, it begs the question why they bother to follow the team anymore. 

45 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

The Saints used to be a joke of a franchise. Saints fans invented the bag over their head. They then hit the right combo of Sean Payton and Drew Brees and turned into a successful franchise. Even Arizona who arguably had a worse history than the Lions fell into a Super Bowl run and are now one of the top teams in the NFC. 

Not everything the Lions have ever done has been bad and not every thing the Lions will do in the future will be bad. It's just tired and lazy arguments. If people really think that, it begs the question why they bother to follow the team anymore. 

What?  I get the idea that the future is unknown, but it is kind of hard to support the idea that the Lions have done much of anything successful in their entire history.  Maybe a few things here and there in the 50's, but in a sport where the only thing that matters is winning it is not real difficult to look back at the history and see it has been beyond pathetic for (what most people would consider) "forever".

I literal terms....has it been pathetic "forever"?  No, but 70 years is pretty much the average life span these days so...

Also as far as the last question....because they are fans.

Edited by John_Brian_K

50 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

omg....their front office says this same exact thing every single time they fire/hire a new GM or coach. I've been hearing that since I've been following them in the late '60's. No more Kool-aid for this guy. I'll watch but I expect them to lose every single game. Go ahead Lions, prove me wrong. I would love nothing better than to be wrong.