"Lions" at Broncos

buddha

14 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

After watching the Heisman show last night, I'm not sure who we should take.

What did the Heisman show have to do with the Lions 2021 #1 pick? Did Hutchinson do something to turn you off from taking him? If anything, the more he talks, the more I want to take him. Seeing his mom wearing Hutchinson's Lions jersey in the stands every game would be a nice little bonus as well.

Edited by NYLion
  • Haha 1

On 12/13/2021 at 11:01 AM, NYLion said:

What did the Heisman show have to do with the Lions 2021 #1 pick? Did Hutchinson do something to turn you off from taking him? If anything, the more he talks, the more I want to take him. Seeing his mom wearing Hutchinson's Lions jersey in the stands every game would be a nice little bonus as well.

Why do you hate Hutch? You want the Lions to destroy his career? Take someone from THE Ohio State Buckeyes. 😚😚

7 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Why do you hate Hutch? You want the Lions to destroy his career? Take someone from THE Ohio State Buckeyes. 😚😚

Yeah Stafford, Suh and Johnson all had their careers destroyed. All were the highest paid player ever at their respective position at one point and one is in the hall of fame already and the other two have decent odds of making it. The Lions have been fairly good with high draft picks recently. 

Just now, Motown Bombers said:

Yeah Stafford, Suh and Johnson all had their careers destroyed. All were the highest paid player ever at their respective position at one point and one is in the hall of fame already and the other two have decent odds of making it. The Lions have been fairly good with high draft picks recently. 

With the tiny little exception that money or not, any great player can't help but feel his career a little wasted when spent on a perennial loser.

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

With the tiny little exception that money or not, any great player can't help but feel his career a little wasted when spent on a perennial loser.

Well, Johnson and Stafford had the opportunity to sign elsewhere and chose not to. Suh did decide to sign elsewhere and ironically never had the same success as he did in Detroit so so much for the Lions ruining his career. 

12 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Suh did decide to sign elsewhere and ironically never had the same success as he did in Detroit 

Um, define success?  Suh does has a ring now and fair shot at a second.

(He's also doubled his career scoring Tampa! :classic_laugh: )

And no accounting for the fact that apparently Calvin is some kind of idiot. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by gehringer_2

On 12/13/2021 at 1:10 PM, Motown Bombers said:

Well, it happened.

The funny thing is that I thought this would be a very weird record and possible never even having been seen in the NFL in the past.  But as recently as 2008 the Bengal had that record.  There may be more recent time too but I stopped looking after I found that cause it wasn't as odd as I thought it would be.

4 minutes ago, RedRamage said:

The funny thing is that I thought this would be a very weird record and possible never even having been seen in the NFL in the past.  But as recently as 2008 the Bengal had that record.  There may be more recent time too but I stopped looking after I found that cause it wasn't as odd as I thought it would be.

If you want rare - in a 17 game season 3-11-3 is now possible.

5 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Um, define success?  Suh does has a ring now and fair shot at a second.

(He's also doubled his career scoring Tampa! :classic_laugh: )

And no accounting for the fact that apparently Calvin is some kind of idiot. 🤷‍♂️

I guess you consider success being a has been and riding Tom Brady's coattails to a ring. Either way, the Lions didn't ruin his career. When he was on Detroit he was one of the best defensive players in the game and the highest paid defensive player ever at the time. He now has a ring and a decent shot at the hall of fame. Poor Suh for having to play on the Lions who made the playoffs twice while he was a Lion btw. 

24 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

2 left to chase a championship with  real teams and the other just up and quit. 1 championships amongst them all. Careers successfully ruined by being chosen by the lions.

1 minute ago, Sports_Freak said:

2 left to chase a championship with  real teams and the other just up and quit. 1 championships amongst them all. Careers successfully ruined by being chosen by the lions.

There are hundreds of players who get drafted and never win a championship and/or move to other teams. The fact is all 3 are potential hall of famers who made lots of money. 

27 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Exactly. Money is great but these guys will make plenty of cash from whoever picks them. If the Lions pick them, their entire career will be ruined if they consider winning a career goal.

Just now, Motown Bombers said:

I guess you consider success being a has been and riding Tom Brady's coattails to a ring. 

He wouldn't have ridden Matt Stafford's if he had gotten one in Det? Of course he's not the player he was at 25 but Suh's numbers in 2020 were fine - 44 tackles isn't chopped liver. Has-beens don't start 16 games for the SB winner that had a top 10 scoring D.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sports_Freak said:

Exactly. Money is great but these guys will make plenty of cash from whoever picks them. If the Lions pick them, their entire career will be ruined if they consider winning a career goal.

All 3 of them made their money because they signed huge contracts because they had great careers up to that point, meaning their careers weren't ruined by the Lions.  

Just now, gehringer_2 said:

He wouldn't have ridden Matt Stafford's if he had gotten one in Det? Of course he's not the player he was at 25 but Suh's numbers in 2020 were fine - 44 tackles isn't chopped liver. Has-beens don't start 16 games for the SB winner that had a top 10 scoring D.

It's his only ammunition, blame the player. Sure, Calvin is a hall of famer. I bet he would trade that for a championship or 2. But yeah, let's blame everyone but the Lions. Worst run franchise in ALL of sports.

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

I mean, if Suh is still a good player and a Super Bowl champion it means the Lions didn't ruin his career. 

2 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

All 3 of them made their money because they signed huge contracts because they had great careers up to that point, meaning their careers weren't ruined by the Lions.  

Again, money. If they would have slipped a spot or two and gone to a real team, they woulda still gotten paid. You make no sense defending this poorly run franchise