Lions at Packers - 9/20/21 - Monday Night Football

RedRamage

8 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Lions will be more games under 500 than the Tigers.

Ohh... now this will be a very interesting thing to watch.  Are we measuring based on how many games they need to flip to get to .500?  For example if the Tigers finish 77 and 85, is that 4 games under .500 cause if they turned 4 of those loses into wins they would've been at .500?

1 minute ago, RedRamage said:

Ohh... now this will be a very interesting thing to watch.  Are we measuring based on how many games they need to flip to get to .500?  For example if the Tigers finish 77 and 85, is that 4 games under .500 cause if they turned 4 of those loses into wins they would've been at .500?

I've always read it as the difference between losses and wins. You are 2 games "under 500" if you lose one more game than you win*. Ergo - If the Tigers win 5 of the remaining 11, they're 78-84 = 6 under.  5-12 = 7 under, looks like all this Lions team can aspire to - esp having lost 2 QB from an already weak secondary and their 2nd best OL won't be back for a couple more weeks.

*it can be defined the other way but at least in my experience, I've seldom seen anyone other than people arguing on the internet use the other definition. If you are 50-52, you need to win 2 games to even - so you are 2 back. There is no way to get your past losses back.