Lions at Packers - 9/20/21 - Monday Night Football

RedRamage

Starting this thread for @Biff Mayhem cause I know he love the Lions.

Honestly, I don't see the Lions winning this.  The defense went from bad last week to worse this week from injuries.  Rodgers is gonna be pissed from last week.  The Packers will put up some huge number of the Lions defense.

The only saving grace is that the Packers defense is helmed by none of then Joe Barry... son-in-law of Rod Marinelli.  We all remember how bad his defenses were when he was DC for the Lions.  So hopefully the Lions can put up some decent numbers too.  Again, I don't see any way the Lions win, but I'm hoping they don't make it embarrassing like... 48-9 or something.

6 minutes ago, RedRamage said:

Starting this thread for @Biff Mayhem cause I know he love the Lions.

Honestly, I don't see the Lions winning this.  The defense went from bad last week to worse this week from injuries.  Rodgers is gonna be pissed from last week.  The Packers will put up some huge number of the Lions defense.

The only saving grace is that the Packers defense is helmed by none of then Joe Barry... son-in-law of Rod Marinelli.  We all remember how bad his defenses were when he was DC for the Lions.  So hopefully the Lions can put up some decent numbers too.  Again, I don't see any way the Lions win, but I'm hoping they don't make it embarrassing like... 48-9 or something.

This game will be the opposite of the old saying about the irresistible force meeting the immovable object: in this case it will a team that can't pass block against a team that can't pass rush.

• Haha 1

• MotownWebGuy changed the title to Lions at Packers - 9/20/21 - Monday Night Football
5 hours ago, MotownWebGuy said:

Lions-MNF-092021.thumb.jpeg.665d9ea5f3b8aa93889dbc7fd808cd78.jpeg

Interesting...  I just read that this will be the first time in over 70 years that the Lions have worn white pants, and the first time wearing a white facemask.

https://news.sportslogos.net/2021/09/20/detroit-lions-to-wear-white-pants-facemasks-against-green-bay-packers-on-monday-night-football/football/

On 9/17/2021 at 9:06 AM, Biff Mayhem said:

I hope the Lions win. Always. I just don't watch them or take an active interest in them. Lions free for 15 years. I haven't adopted another team and I don't have aggravating Sundays anymore!

I'm kinda following the Rams. You know, a team trying to win and not tank. Yes, we have their 1st round picks the next 2 years but does it really matter? 10 very good receivers on the board and we're in need of receivers? Yes, by all means, pick an offensive lineman. How depressing it would be getting drafted by such a dysfunctional franchise.

4 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

I'm kinda following the Rams. You know, a team trying to win and not tank. Yes, we have their 1st round picks the next 2 years but does it really matter? 10 very good receivers on the board and we're in need of receivers? Yes, by all means, pick an offensive lineman. How depressing it would be getting drafted by such a dysfunctional franchise.

Speaking of the Rams, none of their WRs were drafted in the 1st round. Three of the top receivers were already drafted before the Lions drafted so they would have been drafting the 4th best receiver or what a lot of people consider to be the 2nd best player in the draft. 

6 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Speaking of the Rams, none of their WRs were drafted in the 1st round. Three of the top receivers were already drafted before the Lions drafted so they would have been drafting the 4th best receiver or what a lot of people consider to be the 2nd best player in the draft. 

Well, we should be in the top 5 for a few years so we'll find some kids life to ruin. 🤣