Random NFL comments/thoughts

RedRamage

Just now, RandyMarsh said:

People bring up passing on Carter but with the way Calijah Kancey has looked of late I think the real mistake was taking Campbell over him. 

I've learned not to judge Holmes draft picks for 3 years. We've seen McNeil, Barnes, and Melifonwu all make big improvements in year 3. 

1 minute ago, Motown Bombers said:

The Eagles are without AJ Brown. He could be back next week. The Eagles have a higher ceiling so I don't want them to figure it out. 

Right. And if internal dissension is a reason for their slump, a playoff win would go a ways to resolving that. Looking good for the.Bucs now though, 25-9 

Just now, RandyMarsh said:

People bring up passing on Carter but with the way Calijah Kancey has looked of late I think the real mistake was taking Campbell over him. 

When the pick came up I thought it would either be Campbell or Kancey. I think they'll both be good. For his part, Campbell finished with 95 tackles on the season, second only to Anzalone on the Lions and second among rookies only to Ivan Pace on the Vikings. Solid upward trajectory for a rookie too, 39 tackles through the first nine weeks and 56 in the second half of the season. 

1 minute ago, ben9753 said:

If you fall for a trap game in the playoffs, you need to look deep in the mirror. 

Of course. I have no doubt that neither Dan Campbell nor any of the players will be dumb enough to do so, and that is all that matters.  But will some Lions fans be counting their chickens if it’s Tampa? I bet. 

5 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I really question Sirianni's job security. This team looks like it quit. 

Is it Sirianni or is it Howie Roseman?

The Eagles and Lions are interesting case studies on character and locker room dynamics. Maybe this could have happened to the Lions too, but I don't think so. This complete collapse is interesting when you consider that they've consistently prioritized talent over character/locker room dynamics when other teams have passed on players.

1 minute ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Is it Sirianni or is it Howie Roseman?

The Eagles and Lions are interesting case studies on character and locker room dynamics. Maybe this could have happened to the Lions too, but I don't think so. This complete collapse is interesting when you consider that they've consistently prioritized talent over character/locker room dynamics when other teams have passed on players.

Except for this past draft, his draft on defense hasn't been good. 

1 hour ago, Sports_Freak said:

I've never seen a team drop off a cliff as quickly as the Eagles. They were 10-1 and the top seed until they finished 1-5. And they beat some very good teams. Teams still playing and other playoff teams. Just don't understand it.

there will be no "fairness" for matt patricia.  yes, the eagles defense was lit up in the weeks before his hiring.  but it was lit up by kansas city, dallas x2, buffalo, and san francisco.  a murderers row of offenses.

matt patricia took over and got to play the giants twice and the cardinals at home.  2 of the bottom feeding teams in the league with nothing to play for and 2 of the worst offenses in football.

they gave up 25, 35, and 27.

and now tonight they are getting destroyed by an injured baker mayfield and the bucs.  its embarassing.

is it all patricia's fault?  of course not.  however, there were rumblings in the locker room about having to do things "the patriot way" before desai was sacked.  did a conniving patricia start planting seeds to stab desai in the back?  did darius slay suddenly decide to have surgery when he knew patricia would suddenly be running things?

ultimately, this falls on the head of the jerk coach who runs the team.  the guy who was mocking other teams' fans when the eagles were winning and is now close to being out of a job as the eagles embarass themselves in the playoffs.

between siriani and patricia, it couldnt happen to two nicer guys.  phuck off philly.  go climb a greased pole.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2