4/24 1:10 Rockies @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

Mize and Manning both headed to Lakeland to continue their pitching program. This means that manning will be out longer than expected. We already know that Mize is out awhile.

Brieske will start either Friday or Saturday is Los Angeles.

13 minutes ago, kdog said:

Mize and Manning both headed to Lakeland to continue their pitching program. This means that manning will be out longer than expected. We already know that Mize is out awhile.

Brieske will start either Friday or Saturday is Los Angeles.

Plus I'm sure they want to make sure he can get his planned work in on schedule. The road trip goes to MN, where weather can still be iffy, and then the left coast - so a bunch of dead travel time.

1 minute ago, mtutiger said:

Will make G2 and Casimir happy... 🙂

And maybe someone like Will Vest or Jacob Barnes too lol

I don't dislike Funk in particular, but he's like Jimemez and to some degree Cisnero as well, in that you will always  be able to trust that the walk demon is nearby patiently waiting.

13 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

I don't dislike Funk in particular, but he's like Jimemez and to some degree Cisnero as well, in that you will always  be able to trust that the walk demon is nearby patiently waiting.

Sure.

The lack of walks out of the current bullpen (while being down Cisnero and Funk) has been telling.

Part of why I'm not sure the bullpen is totally flukish... these fact that the current composition fills the strike zone helps keeps the runs down one would think.

We will see how it evolves as offense heats up around the league

Edited by mtutiger

33 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Those three are relievers who might have a random good year here and there, but not pitchers you count on as keys to your bullpen.  Most relievers are that way actually. I think that is one of the only places where a manager can maybe win a few games - being able to identify which relievers have it together in a given year.  

Edited by Tiger337