4/24 1:10 Rockies @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

2 minutes ago, Dave Christian said:

Hey Tork, you can't hit the ball if you don't swing the bat.

He just stands there like " a house on the side of the road ".

“He stood there like the house by the side of the road and watched that one go by.”

1 minute ago, Jim Cowan said:

Michael Fulmer gets another clean inning

So far this pitching staff has performed like one of the best in baseball, and that's not because of the defense, which is still among the worst in baseball.

But while we expected some improvement from the rotation (and have gotten it), it is the bullpen that is really surprising me. And the interesting part of that is, Soto has done nothing to contribute to the improvement.

4 minutes ago, kdog said:

A listless offensive effort combined with a poor starting pitching performance.

Onto Minnesota for 3.

This is one of those games that you would expect they would lose even with a functioning offense. Even the best teams can have a bad start. 

But it just makes losing winnable games (such as last night's) even harder.

Edited by mtutiger

AJ Hinch was asked if there was a lack of energy today "no we got beat, we didn't play well.  Nothing about energy, there's no excuse, there's no letdown, this is a major league team across the way, we need to show up better to win a series"

47 minutes ago, kdog said:

Tigers are 14th in the AL in slugging and home runs. They have only hit 7 homers in 15 games.

4th in walks…which is possibly good.

Apparently, Chris Fetter is making better progress with the pitchers than Scott Coolbaugh is making with the hitters.

45 minutes ago, kdog said:

AJ Hinch was asked if there was a lack of energy today "no we got beat, we didn't play well.  Nothing about energy, there's no excuse, there's no letdown, this is a major league team across the way, we need to show up better to win a series"

"energy is good" doesn't mesh with "we need to show up better" does it ?

6 hours ago, mtutiger said:

Will make G2 and Casimir happy... 🙂

And maybe someone like Will Vest or Jacob Barnes too lol

Nah, I don’t want to see anybody hitting the 60, that’s bad news.  Ideally he continues to outperform his peripherals and we’re left to keep guessing how or his peripherals & output both improve.  I’m more than happy to eat crow if he turns into a highly effective pitcher.

16 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Not that Willi is a world beater or anything, but this is a bit surprising. 

Either way, its almost Chafin time!

I guess Willi has hidden talents us mortals haven't seen yet. I will admit to being surprised at how strong his arm was on a play he made at short on Sat. I didn't remember that about him. In any case, you know Harold is way set up to regress to his mean now, so the second IF should be timely. :classic_smile:

4 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Tork's play was tough, Haase's was just a mistake/inexperience, he didn't play the wind - you have to plan for it before you start your route. An experienced OF would/should have know that ball was going to fade to the left. It's blowing pretty steady out there it shouldn't have been a surprise.

Baez had a fun time tracking a fly ball today, too.

And there was the play later in the game where a trio of Rockies converged on a fly that fell in short LF where Grossman was kind of damned if he ran from 2nd and damned if he didn’t.