5/5 8:10 Tigers @ Astros

Tigeraholic1

4 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

the positive sign is they played a whole game with only one defensive bobble and it didn't cost a run. And Skubal, but that's as close to a given as anything with this team.

Candy is on the upswing as well... a week ago, we all wanted his head on a spike. Credit where it is due. The homer to tie it will no doubt help his confidence as well.

Offensively, they need to put together a complete game. Gotta be able to string hits together... they continue to leave guys out there when they have chances.

Edited by mtutiger

OPS leaders, past 7 days (minimum 10 PAs):  Candelario 1.171, Barnhart .929, Harold .900, Baddoo .875.

If you only want guys with 20 PAs during the week though, it's Candelario, and then Cabrera at .718. And then a bunch of guys under .600.  Tork's OPS...OPS...was .170 and Schoop's was .106 from a slash line of .053/.053/.053.  That right there is Danny Worth territory.

I don't want to blame only Soto for the loss.  Its tough for pitchers to have margin for error of about a run given the ineptitude of the offense.  But its past time to realize that Soto isn't a high leverage pitcher.

Edited by casimir

11 hours ago, mtutiger said:

I dont know what the data says, but Fulmer seems like the better play in that situation. Especially with the 0 ERA and low xFIP.

I remember Soto was elevated to closer after being a shut down set up man in the 8th innings. Maybe a pitcher with control issues feels too much pressure to count on as a closer?