5/5 8:10 Tigers @ Astros

Tigeraholic1

16 minutes ago, 1776 said:

I’m all about a repeat of the sweep in Houston last year. 

The pitching matchups actually lineup halfway decently for this series. They miss Verlander, the rest of the starters have been so-so for Houston, etc.

But of course that requires that all nine guys remember how to hit lol

• Like 1

We find ourselves starting this series 6 games behind the Twins and with the worst record in the American League.  I hear on the radio and read in the papers, repeatedly,  about the brutal stretch of games coming up after hearing and reading about the tough April schedule and cold weather. Are they bracing us for something with the advance excuse machine fast at work ? The Al and Illitch disinformation propaganda push? Or journalists kissing butt? Tired of both.

Time to start winning gentleman. I don't want to see us still in last place, Issac Paredes  hitting .364, our third saker throwing games away, Meadows without any homers (yes he has been good but...), five starters hitting below .200. no power etc. Time for some key hits. Quit waiting to win games due to the other teams errors. 

Take 3 or 4 and get the heck going !!!!

This is the perennial disappointment.
Granted, Mize and Manning are big holes to fill in the rotation. The interesting part of the disappointing start is seeing younger guys get playing time. I believe there is time to rebound and be in the chase. The Greene injury could not have happened at a worse time. I’m along for the ride, wherever that ends up.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mtutiger said:

The pitching matchups actually lineup halfway decently for this series. They miss Verlander, the rest of the starters have been so-so for Houston, etc.

But of course that requires that all nine guys remember how to hit lol

And I think Altuve may be hurt. Pulled groin or something? Better rest him...😆😆

Just now, RandyMarsh said:

A double to the warning track and a couple other relatively hard hit balls for the Tigers in the 1st, of course no runs were scored but all in all not a bad first half to start the game. 

Baddoo AB not very good - chase a couple of bad pitches. Meadows swung at a ball.

and of course Altuve jumps all over Skubal