Javy Baez

UCFKNIGHT

10 minutes ago, Useful Idiot said:

Budda, maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit? Let him prove me wrong. I'm man enough to admit it, if he's man enough to pull it off,

But,  what he accomplished as a cub, means very little to me

You said you thought he was like Neifi Perez as soon as they signed him.  Since you don't care what anybody did before they came to the Tigers, did you also think that Correa, Seager and Story were just like Neifi Perez?  

24 minutes ago, Useful Idiot said:

Budda, maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit? Let him prove me wrong. I'm man enough to admit it, if he's man enough to pull it off,

But,  what he accomplished as a cub, means very little to me

usful idot, youre exaggerating a lot.  but im sure you know this.

1 minute ago, buddha said:

usful idot, youre exaggerating a lot.  but im sure you know this.

There was an old Dr Demento song about Idi Amin (the most amazing man you've ever seen). That me and a couple others at the old MLB Tigers board jacked the lyrics around to suit Neifi Perez.

This past couple weeks that old tune has been my "walk up" music for Mr Baez...and if he doesn't turn it around soon, I'm gonna EXAGGERATE a set of custom lyics, just for him  😮

1 hour ago, Useful Idiot said:

There was an old Dr Demento song about Idi Amin (the most amazing man you've ever seen). That me and a couple others at the old MLB Tigers board jacked the lyrics around to suit Neifi Perez.

This past couple weeks that old tune has been my "walk up" music for Mr Baez...and if he doesn't turn it around soon, I'm gonna EXAGGERATE a set of custom lyics, just for him  😮

I think that you remember a lot more about your previous posts than the rest of us do.

8 hours ago, Useful Idiot said:

Chasfh, I'm ready for him to end his "occasional" cold streak, any time.

His drought is approaching Sheffield proportions.....and we all remember how that one played out.

You are getting closer now. If you take 27 year old Neifi Perez's defense and 39 year old Sheffield's offense, you get something closer to 29-year old Javier Baez.   

Edited by Tiger337

To paraphrase the late Denny Green, "Javy Baez is who we thought he was"....

Maybe this particular cold streak is longer than usual for him, but the team knew what they were getting when he signed.... and really, the strikeouts aren't so much the problem at this point (he's below his career averages) - it's that he's not making good contact and rolling over. Gotta think that will be fixed over time.

2 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

You are getting closer now. If you take 27 year old Neifi Perez's defense and 39 year old Sheffield's offense, you get something closer to 29-year old Javier Baez.   

I've been examining his mechanics.    His stance is so open that I think it deprives him of the outer part of the zone (a "reach" thing)....maybe if he squared around in a more conventional stance with both feet equidistant from the plate. That might help.

And is their any way we might resurrect  Eddie Brinkman to work on Baez' grip?

Edited by Useful Idiot

9 minutes ago, Useful Idiot said:

I've been examining his mechanics.    His stance is so open that I think it deprives him of the outer part of the zone (a "reach" thing)....maybe if he squared around in a more conventional stance with both feet equidistant from the plate. That might help.

And is their any way we might resurrect  Eddie Brinkman to work on Baez' grip?

Ironically enough given the outcome the other night, another guy that dives into the ball from an open stance a lot like Javy is..............Isaac Paredes.