Javy Baez

UCFKNIGHT

I hate to just restate what a couple of other people have said, but this is the Javier Baez experience.... even as he's not hitting at the level we want him to and despite a couple of lapses throwing the ball, his defense far exceeds what Niko and Willi were giving us. Which is at least helping us in the mean time.

14 hours ago, Useful Idiot said:

I'm about ready to award Baez the Neifi Perez award for offensive prowess by a former cubbie shortstop

And just for the record, those were the first two words to come to mind when I heard we signed him.

Are you really comparing Baez to Neifi Perez from the moment we signed him? 

Obviously Baez’s bat has been lousy lately, but overall they aren’t even remotely comparable. He’s always been streaky, but with the exception of 2020 he always ends up a solid offensive player. He will heat back up eventually. It’s how he’s always been. 

10 hours ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

Are you really comparing Baez to Neifi Perez from the moment we signed him? 

The second I heard that Baez was a free agent, I began chanting "Just say no, to former Cubbie shortstops" because I suspected we would find him more affordable than other available shortstops.

And, once we signed him, I pretty much just started biting my lip....hoping he'd blossom.  Don't wanna trash a tiger before he's deserving...etc.

Well, now that the first month has come and gone, he's awful "neifi perezish" if you ask me....  Let him prove me wrong, AND ONLY THEN WILL I EAT MY WORDS.

I'm a fan, and he owes  me better than he's been giving.

I think you are overlooking one very important aspect.   I've got nothing to lose.   I can continue to grouse and he can continue to sukk...and I can brag how I've been right all along

But if he turns it around, I gotta shut up, but I'll be watching better baseball....so I win either way.

And, in no scenario, is he gonna invite me to his bungalo for barbeque....so it's not like I gotta walk on egg shells or risk having him say "you were almost one of the cool guys, but you blew it, so get lost" etc.  My position is bullet proof  😇

1 minute ago, Tiger337 said:

I get the feeling that Useful Idiot is a poster from the old site who is messing with us.  

Nope not messing with you, just defending my right to believe as I prefer

Being criticized for failure to share the popular POV, really isn't a game changer for me.

1 minute ago, Useful Idiot said:

Nope not messing with you, just defending my right to believe as I prefer

Being criticized for failure to share the popular POV, really isn't a game changer for me.

You absolutely have that right and we have the right to say that your point of view on this issue is terrible.  

3 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

we have the right to say that your point of view on this issue is terrible.  

Hey if you guys choose to believe that thinking only positive thoughts will turn Baez' fortunes  around....by all means knock yourselves out'

But for me, it doesn't work that way. It's "entertainment"  spacer.png

And BOTH faces, IMO,  serve their purpose