Austin Meadows Trade?

UCFKNIGHT

Can Detroit possibly get the Austin Meadows trade nullified? I believe  the Tampa Bay rays knew  Austin Meadows suffered and is suffering from vertigo. Once again; Al Avila didn’t do his research before making a trade. For the second time; it appears the Rays fleeced the Tigers for a second time. The Rays got the better results in the David Price trade.

6 minutes ago, UCFKNIGHT said:

Can Detroit possibly get the Austin Meadows trade nullified? I believe  the Tampa Bay rays knew  Austin Meadows suffered and is suffering from vertigo. Once again; Al Avila didn’t do his research before making a trade. For the second time; it appears the Rays fleeced the Tigers for a second time. The Rays got the better results in the David Price trade.

He seemed fine early on.  He got an ear infection in Houston and that did it.    He may never play again.  

26 minutes ago, UCFKNIGHT said:

I detest everything about the Tampa Bay Rays. I wish Al Avila would stop trading with the Rays.

It was a good trade.   It was good because after 7 years of being the GM of this team, they didn't have enough outfielders after Riley Greene got hurt.    So they needed Meadows and gave up an infielder they didn't need.   Meadows was not sick when the season started, and in fact was one of the few guys hitting the ball until the Houston trip, when he got the ear/sinus infection.     There was no way anyone could have predicted the guy would suffer from vertigo.  

I have always liked Austin Meadows. A major league player a team can put in their lineup each day. In the NBA, NHL and NFL, trades can be nullified if a player is injured and the trading team knew about it. I was just wondering  if MLB had any rules regarding trading injured players?

4 minutes ago, UCFKNIGHT said:

I have always liked Austin Meadows. A major league player a team can put in their lineup each day. In the NBA, NHL and NFL, trades can be nullified if a player is injured and the trading team knew about it. I was just wondering  if MLB had any rules regarding trading injured players?

he was not injured when the trade was made.    If he had vertigo then, he would not have been hitting .300 and if you take a look.  He was hitting .299 going into the Houston series.   After Houston he hit .200.    He missed 2 games in Houston because he was sick, that's when it happened.  

I can't remember which game it was this season - I want to say it was in LA, or our first series in Minnesota - Meadows was tracking a ball backwards, misjudged where the wall was, and smashed into the right field fence netting to make the catch at a pretty high velocity. Put his hands on his knees after the play for a minute and was clearly shaken up. I can't help but suspect that this has something to do with it.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Nerb said:

I can't remember which game it was this season - I want to say it was in LA, or our first series in Minnesota - Meadows was tracking a ball backwards, misjudged where the wall was, and smashed into the right field fence netting to make the catch at a pretty high velocity. Put his hands on his knees after the play for a minute and was clearly shaken up. I can't help but suspect that this has something to do with it.

Missed concussion diagnosis? Not supposed to happen anymore but as per our new Tiger motto:

stercore accidit

• Like 1

Just now, gehringer_2 said:

Missed concussion diagnosis? Not supposed to happen anymore but as per our new Tiger motto:

stercore accidit

I wish I could remember which series, but it was a road series in the past 3 weeks. May have even been Houston. But it happened, and it was violent. Luckily he hit the wire fencing, but he hit it with his full force.

The game went to commercial right after the play and of course the Bally Detroit broadcast didn't mention anything about it. 

16 minutes ago, Nerb said:

I wish I could remember which series, but it was a road series in the past 3 weeks. May have even been Houston. But it happened, and it was violent. Luckily he hit the wire fencing, but he hit it with his full force.

The game went to commercial right after the play and of course the Bally Detroit broadcast didn't mention anything about it. 

It was the Dodger series... final game of the series iirc

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, casimir said:

Wasn’t there a full moon a couple of weeks ago?  Did it decide to stay full?

It was a 'Blood' moon but it was cloudy in SE MI and we didn't see. The world actually ended that night and everything that has happened to the Tigers since then are just our dying dream memories. 

Don't wake up.