5/27 7:10 Guardians @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

9 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I am 11 miles (as the crow flies) from Comerica and it has barely rained here and looking at the radar loop it has barely rained over there.   To me whomever made this call blew it.     With the oddity of this year's schedule already, there isn't an excuse for this.   Now, it might start pouring rain at 9pm, but I doubt it.   

It could benefit the Tigers. Get a few injured players back and hope the team slump will be over. Sucks for us today though. 

I thought they were going to have a double header tomorrow, but the make up is a split doubleheader on July 4th.   So yes, this does help the Tigers,  every day of rest helps that thin starting staff. 

Any word on Pineda?   I am guessing he'll heal up fairly quickly.   I am guessing Eduardo will be back by June 10th maybe.  I don't think trying to give Elvin or Wentz another start would be constructive.    We basically have a 4-man rotation now?  Or is it 3-man at this point?    Yikes.  

7 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I just looked up the Lakeland game to see how Riley is doing.   When I saw Tarpons, that's not what I thought I saw at first............strange name.  

lol! I think I had that reaction the first time I saw that as well.

27 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I thought they were going to have a double header tomorrow, but the make up is a split doubleheader on July 4th.   So yes, this does help the Tigers,  every day of rest helps that thin starting staff. 

Any word on Pineda?   I am guessing he'll heal up fairly quickly.   I am guessing Eduardo will be back by June 10th maybe.  I don't think trying to give Elvin or Wentz another start would be constructive.    We basically have a 4-man rotation now?  Or is it 3-man at this point?    Yikes.  

Careful. Can you imagine if we have even more injuries by the 4th of July? That's a scary thought, but possible. 

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I just looked up the Lakeland game to see how Riley is doing.   When I saw Tarpons, that's not what I thought I saw at first............strange name.  

Greene was 0-3 and has been replaced in RF. Maybe that was the plan, ease him back?

11 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Does anyone get in trouble if they call a rain out and it never rains?   Because it sure didn't look like, even if it did rain, that it was going to be a several-hour situation.  

isn't this the 2nd time it has happened this season? I thought they called one the 1st week or 2 of the season early in the afternoon and then nothing happened that night? Not sure if was here or on the road though.......(looks through sched and GD thread....._ ) KC on April 17. Called early in the day and the claim was that it ended up not raining in KC at game time....

I suppose they can justify it by saying the field was soaked or something.

3 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

isn't this the 2nd time it has happened this season? I thought they called one the 1st week or 2 of the season early in the afternoon and then nothing happened that night? Not sure if was here or on the road though.......(looks through sched and GD thread....._ ) KC on April 17. Called early in the day and the claim was that it ended up not raining in KC at game time....

I suppose they can justify it by saying the field was soaked or something.

but it really didn't rain all day.  rained yesterday, but not that hard.  

Just now, Motor City Sonics said:

but it really didn't rain all day.  rained yesterday, but not that hard.  

it actually has rained almost non-stop here in A^2 since before game time. I think it's one of those patterns where the rain could have fallen anywhere in a large region at any time. Still, it seems you could still start it and see where you got. But I wonder --- if the decision to call prior to game time is up to the home team I can imagine Avila wanted no part of having one of his two still standing starters out there in slippery conditions.

13 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Has it rained at all in Detroit?  

We were downtown from 6:50 to 8:30 and no, it didnt rain there.  

They could easily have squeezed the game in.

Now I have tickets for the 4th of July when Im hosting a party.

Fabulous.

Edited by sabretooth

15 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I mean, there is a lot of parking lots down there (where District Detroit buildings were supposed to be built by now)

We drove around downtown and went to dinner -- we were there until 8:30pm.  No rain, and no wet pavement or standing water.  It was dry all the way.  I don't know if might have rained after we left, but we went up to Farmington Hills and it while it had rained up there before 7pm, it didn' rain when we headed back there.

Very frustrating....anybody want my tickets and parking pass for July 4th.  They are pretty good seats behind the 1st base dugout about 25 rows up, and the parking pass is for the D-Garage next to the park.  

4 minutes ago, sabretooth said:

We drove around downtown and went to dinner -- we were there until 8:30pm.  No rain, and no wet pavement or standing water.  It was dry all the way.  I don't know if might have rained after we left, but we went up to Farmington Hills and it while it had rained up there before 7pm, it didn' rain when we headed back there.

Very frustrating....anybody want my tickets and parking pass for July 4th.  They are pretty good seats behind the 1st base dugout about 25 rows up, and the parking pass is for the D-Garage next to the park.  

It rained a little bit in Dearborn but not even enough puddle around my veggie plants.. I am thinking the Tigers probably pushed this to try to stretch that 3 man rotation another turn or two.  Don't know why Peralta has not been getting stretched out, unless they are doing it behind the scenes somehow.  

I used to work with a guy, we'll call him Adam, because his name is actually Adam.   One day we went to lunch together and it was raining in Ann Arbor.  We were sitting in the car watching people walking/running through the rain and making horror movie sound effects...............like they were running for their lives (and it wasn't raining that hard). We were cracking up..................you had to be there to get it

Mythbusters proved it - that when you run through the rain, you get wetter .  

Edited by Motor City Sonics

I will bash Ilitch all day long but I have to say their parking lots work pretty well this year. When you book through the ParkWhiz app it knows the event you are attending. So twice this year I have gotten refunds after paying to park.  You pay ahead of time and have a barcode.   My only cost last night was gas and some pizza because I intentionally ate a light dinner in anticipation of having pizza at the game. I am out of town for July 4 but expect to be able to trade mine in. Sabre I think you ca. do that once we are passed the july 4 date. Might be worth calling if interested.