5/27 7:10 Guardians @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

Yankees and Angels have more than 60 homers...Tigers have 25.

Tigers are 14th in OBP(AL), last in slugging, and last in homers.

Cabrera is their best hitter....which is nice but really bad for the talent on roster.

Edited by kdog

27 minutes ago, kdog said:

Yankees and Angels have more than 60 homers...Tigers have 25.

Tigers are 14th in OBP(AL), last in slugging, and last in homers.

Cabrera is their best hitter....which is nice but really bad for the talent on roster.

you can score runs without the long ball, but it's a lot harder, and you have to have a balanced line-up with no holes, which the Tigers most definitely do not have ...at least so far.  🥲

21 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

you can score runs without the long ball, but it's a lot harder, and you have to have a balanced line-up with no holes, which the Tigers most definitely do not have ...at least so far.  🥲

Probably too little too late, but at least it looks like they will eventually get Meadows and Greene to add to this mix. Although we have to assume that there will be ups and downs for Greene, similar to TORK!

Offensive issues center around 4 main guys who aren't making contact, getting on-base, or slugging:

Grossman

Baez

Candelario

Schoop

Meadows lack of homers pre-vertigo was bad but he was still producing other offense.

Tork is a rookie. I like his approach and hopefully the rest will come. The pandemic has hurt all prospect development. He is not alone in his struggles.

Barnhart is ok but below his career standards.

CF without Greene has been brutal.

1 hour ago, Nerb said:

How is the weather looking for gametime?

yesterday it looked horrible but little by little it's looking better.  I have tickets so was monitoring.  Yesterday it looked like 80% chance throughout gametime. Now it's under 50 but also says "Scattered T Storms" so the thunder portion could be an issue. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oblong said:

yesterday it looked horrible but little by little it's looking better.  I have tickets so was monitoring.  Yesterday it looked like 80% chance throughout gametime. Now it's under 50 but also says "Scattered T Storms" so the thunder portion could be an issue. 

4:45 pm, raining in spots in A^2 but current radar forecast is that it's going to break up pretty quickly instead of moving east like storms usually do.

Edited by gehringer_2

5 hours ago, kdog said:

Offensive issues center around 4 main guys who aren't making contact, getting on-base, or slugging:

Grossman

Baez

Candelario

Schoop

Meadows lack of homers pre-vertigo was bad but he was still producing other offense.

Tork is a rookie. I like his approach and hopefully the rest will come. The pandemic has hurt all prospect development. He is not alone in his struggles.

To me Baez is biggest concern. He looked terrible last night swing at forehead high pitches.

6 hours ago, kdog said:

Grossman

Baez

Candelario

Schoop

FWIW, over the last two weeks, Schoop is slashing .250/.306/.477 for a wRC+ of 126, which places him in the 62nd percentile of all hitters since May 13.

As soon as walked in we saw it on the scoreboard.  Went up to my seats to see a friend who was sitting out on a table and they didn’t know. My third PPD this year.  I have 3 afternoon games this homestand. Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday.  

it was barely raining. Just a mist. 

I am 11 miles (as the crow flies) from Comerica and it has barely rained here and looking at the radar loop it has barely rained over there.   To me whomever made this call blew it.     With the oddity of this year's schedule already, there isn't an excuse for this.   Now, it might start pouring rain at 9pm, but I doubt it.