Announcers

13 minutes ago, BBFCFM said:

Put him on mute and go with Dickerson and Price.  

Exactly. I have no sympathy for anyone who has the twenty dollars to subscribe to MLB Audio and hack an audio overlay, yet still subjects themselves to Shep and Old Player instead and then comes in here and whines about how bad they are. What the hell do you expect, amirite.

I mean—I’m not saying stop. It’s entertaining to see posters whinge about things completely within their control. I’m just saying, come on, if you hate it so bad, take a little initiative here. 

• Like 1

just mute it.  why do you need to hear announcers?  you can see what's going on.

i mean, if you LIKE them, then by all means listen in.  but if they suck, just mute them.  give em the dick vitale treatment and put em on quiet.

2 hours ago, chasfh said:

Exactly. I have no sympathy for anyone who has the twenty dollars to subscribe to MLB Audio and hack an audio overlay, yet still subjects themselves to Shep and Old Player instead and then comes in here and whines about how bad they are. What the hell do you expect, amirite.

I mean—I’m not saying stop. It’s entertaining to see posters whinge about things completely within their control. I’m just saying, come on, if you hate it so bad, take a little initiative here. 

I can't use the radio because I delay the start on my dvr. I zap right thru the commercials. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chasfh said:

Can’t we listen to the radio and still bitch about the TV announcers?  What are the rules around here?

• Like 2

It's pathetic that I have to watch the opponents broadcasts on MLB.TV, but the Tigers TV broadcasts are so bad that I have had to stop. On top of that, when I utilize the Tigers audio overlay with the Tigers TV video, they do not sync well. Not 1 opponents broadcast has been worse that the Tigers 😞

All of the stupid and useless cutaways to the stands for a lame interview (Johnny may be a nice guy, but very few people want to watch that stuff), the rose colored glasses, the inane stories and finally Shep acting like a clueless star struck shlump and asking ridiculous questions.

Yeah 9 times out of 10 when I have the game on I just have it on in the background with the sound off or low while I watch or do something else on my laptop. In the rare times where it appears an important situation in the game is happening I'll turn up the volume and pay total attention to the game but that may happen only a few times a game. 

Maybe if/when the Tigers actually get good again I'll go back to giving the game my undivided attention but who knows since its been so long since they were good my attention span and viewing habits have changed since then so its hard to say for sure. 

Edited by RandyMarsh
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

I have no idea how to synchronize the radio with the TV.   I no longer have the patience to sit and watch 3 1/2 games anyway.  I go back and forth between radio and TV while surfing the internet.  

for some reason they have dropped the time controls from the gameday audio page, which makes it nearly impossible to sync it to my video stream, and plus my GD audio has dropped back to almost a full minute delay - meaning I would read what happens here before I ever hear it.....:classic_laugh:.

I don't know if the added delay is something local to my stream or something gameday is doing globally but it's made running them together a fairly negative experience this season.

I often think about Dan when it comes to this never ending rebuild. He only has so many years left and it's a shame that they have been spent calling such crappy baseball. I feel some announcers may not care or atleast care that much, it's a job and they are getting paid so that is what matters most to them but I definitely don't get that vibe from him.

One of the things I miss most about the good Tigers teams was hearing his calls on big plays, even if I didn't actually listen to the game on the radio I always made sure to seek out his calls. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

8 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

Dickerson is the man and deserves to be mentioned alongside Ernie and Paul.  

Jim Price is something else, though.  College kids have made a drinking game out of listening to him—take a shot every time he says “yellow hammer”

lol, and the art of pitching