5/31 1:10 Twins @ Tigers Game #1

Tigeraholic1

I'm not trying to slam on you Randy Marsh, I mean, you've got Tegridy, but I just don't trust this team's development or medical assessment of players anymore.    I just feel like they can't get out of their own way and they are going to nick this and we'll get to a point where we flirt with .500 and that's it - back to a new rebuild.   I just want them to clean house.  The GM, the scouts, the staff, the trainers, all of it.   

2 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

And for me that would be worse than going ahead and doing what we all pretty much know needs to be done.   Hey, we've always got 2024.  What's a couple more years of an Al Avila rebuild?    1988-2005 all over again.      

I agree that would be worse, I said from the beginning that my biggest fear is that they try to get around surgery only to come to the conclusion months later that it is inevitable. If that were to happen that would make this season essentially a complete waste for him. 

Who knows as bad as the medical staff seems they didnt waste too much time before coming to the tj decision on Turnbull so perhaps they see a good enough indicator that he will get better without surgery. We can only hope.

1 minute ago, RandyMarsh said:

I agree that would be worse, I said from the beginning that my biggest fear is that they try to get around surgery only to come to the conclusion months later that it is inevitable. If that were to happen that would make this season essentially a complete waste for him. 

Who knows as bad as the medical staff seems they didnt waste too much time before coming to the tj decision on Turnbull so perhaps they see a good enough indicator that he will get better without surgery. We can only hope.

And we might see Turnbull in September this year.   Maybe.   Long way to go, but it seems like, right now, at best, the recovery time is at least 14/15 months.    If Casey Mize has to recover I'd rather see him start that process next August and September and then be back at full strength for '24.  Wait too long and he's missing half of '24 too.   There is a little evidence that TJ surgery on the younger guys can add a little velo.   He didn't look right from the start this year.    Goddamned owners and their fucking 2-week Spring Training.  

40 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Candelario second? You mean .184-hitting-.244-on basing-for-the-last-two-weeks Candelario? That Candelario? Nahh.

Leadoff is a black hole for this team because we have no on-base-first hitters, but Willi has been the closest we’ve had for a week now, so … yeah.

So how about:

1. Willi
  2. Schoop
  3. Tork
  4. Miggy
  5. Baez
  6. Jeimer
  7. Hill
  8. Daz
  9. Catcher

Who knows, it’s all gonna change in a few days, anyway …

grossman was that obp leadoff guy but he's been awful this year, like everyone else.

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

I guess after thinking about it he went on the dl in mid April so 60 days will be in a couple weeks, so if they weren't expecting him back for another few weeks you might as well put him there to open up a spot on the 40.

My read is that they want to keep Drew Carlton on the 40 man roster, and transferring Mize does that. 

The 60 Day time frame, it'll be retroactive.

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

Candelario second? You mean .184-hitting-.244-on basing-for-the-last-two-weeks Candelario? That Candelario? Nahh.

Leadoff is a black hole for this team because we have no on-base-first hitters, but Willi has been the closest we’ve had for a week now, so … yeah.

So how about:

1. Willi
  2. Schoop
  3. Tork
  4. Miggy
  5. Baez
  6. Jeimer
  7. Hill
  8. Daz
  9. Catcher

Who knows, it’s all gonna change in a few days, anyway …

Yeah, I like this batting order.

2 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

But you want Schoop hitting 2nd?

You mean CAREER .298 OBP Schoop? Currently hitting .181 with a .223 OBP this year Schoop?

Naaah. No thanks.

I'll take the Candelario who OBP'd .355 during the 2021/ 2022 seasons and hope he turns it around for the remainder of this season.

I see no value in any loyalty whatsoever to Jonathon Scoop. But that's just me.

I was just going with the better hitter recently.

3 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

Riley Greene = Brent Clevlen?

Seriously?

You're becoming way too much under the influence of one "Useful Idiot" as he's known hereabouts...

Again, i am sure we can come up with better comps.