6/4 1:05 Tigers @ Yankees

Tigeraholic1

Unless Baez lost his eyesight over the offseason or he has some other injury that nobody knows about I suspect eventually he will start hitting. Maybe not to what we hoped but atleast start looking respectable cause guys generally don't just fall off a cliff like this at the age of 29 without some sorta injury.  

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

2 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Unless Baez lost his eyesight over the offseason or he has some other injury that nobody knows about I suspect eventually he will start hitting. Maybe not to what we hoped but atleast start looking respectable cause guys generally don't just fall off a cliff like this at the age of 29 without some sorta injury.  

Javier Baez very much gets into his own head, for worse and for better. It’s just the guy he is.

Just now, chasfh said:

Javier Baez very much gets into his own head, for worse and for better. It’s just the guy he is.

I don't watch as much Cubs games as you do but spending many weekends at my family's place in Grand Haven where the places often play their games I've gotten to watch quite a bit of him over his career so I have a decent idea of what he is but I just don't ever remember him looking this bad for this long of stretch. Maybe I just didn't pay as close attention since I didn't have a rooting interest though. 

3 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I don't watch as much Cubs games as you do but spending many weekends at my family's place in Grand Haven where the places often play their games I've gotten to watch quite a bit of him over his career so I have a decent idea of what he is but I just don't ever remember him looking this bad for this long of stretch. Maybe I just didn't pay as close attention since I didn't have a rooting interest though. 

He was this bad or worse in 2020, but yeah, this is as bad a 50-game stretch as he has ever had.

37BD117C-B711-4453-B947-F4C459400C49.jpeg

By the end of tomorrow’s game that will be 16 games in 15 days, plus two rainouts, which isn’t anything like a day off. It takes a psychic toll on you expecting to play that morning and amping up for it only to find the game’s been called off.

If any team in baseball could use a Monday and a Thursday off in the same week, it’s this Tiger ballclub.

18 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

He was doing OK because he hurt his hand, but it could be just a coincidence.  

3 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

He was doing OK because he hurt his hand, but it could be just a coincidence.  

I heard he told an interviewer last week he was having trouble seeing the ball, but I have no idea if that means anything or is just generic hitter speak. He should have ditched his shades today though. Not many players thought they needed them today and less light just makes it harder to see spin.

2 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

I heard he told an interviewer last week he was having trouble seeing the ball, but I have no idea if that means anything or is just generic hitter speak. He should have ditched his shades today though. Not many players thought they needed them today and less light just makes it harder to see spin.

Get him an optometrist!!!

18 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

With respect, eat it Suzyn

I remember last year when Tarik Skubal shut down the Yankees Michael Kay went to twitter and said something like "How can the Yankees get shutout by some nobody named Tarik Skubal?" Granted Skubal's season numbers weren't the best at the time but he was in the middle of a bit of a roll at that point after the disastrous April. Not to mention being  one of the 2 or 3 best LHP prospects just the summer before. When the Yankees have a prospect like that all of them treat them like the second coming of Koufax but for other teams they are nobodies in their eyes. 

31 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I remember last year when Tarik Skubal shut down the Yankees Michael Kay went to twitter and said something like "How can the Yankees get shutout by some nobody named Tarik Skubal?" Granted Skubal's season numbers weren't the best at the time but he was in the middle of a bit of a roll at that point after the disastrous April. Not to mention being  one of the 2 or 3 best LHP prospects just the summer before. When the Yankees have a prospect like that all of them treat them like the second coming of Koufax but for other teams they are nobodies in their eyes. 

Always remember that the Yankees have never beaten the Tigers in post-season.  

• Like 1

Looking at the statcast numbers it's not like the Tigers got robbed by at em balls or stuff like that, Cabrera's hit had an xba of .780(though I do agree it very easily could've been caught) but aside from that there was only one ball with an xBA over .290 and that was Jeimer with a lineout in the 8th which was a .340 xBA.