6/4 1:05 Tigers @ Yankees

Tigeraholic1

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Just now, RandyMarsh said:

A serious tip of the cap to the Yankees starters. Their starters the last 3 games had a perfect game into the 8th, perfect game into the 7th and a 1 hitter through 7 innings. Yeah the Tigers offense sucks but still that is unbelievable!

This is true. They did just come off of shutting down the Angels... still frustrating tho

6 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

Gotta bring him up!  He is on fire! The Tigers need to shake things up!

it was the right move, it's not working. And TBH, he probably would have had a better chance if the clan had not decided to follow him around until he got his first hit.

4 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

it was the right move, it's not working. And TBH, he probably would have had a better chance if the clan had not decided to follow him around until he got his first hit.

It was fine to bring up given all the injuries, but my expectations are low.  I just think he's a fringe prospect who won't hit much in the majors.  

Edited by Tiger337
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, IdahoBert said:

I thought that even with the new dead ball we could loft a flyball that would be a homer. These Yankees are clearly a good team. 

They've looked relatively human today compared to last night. Problem is the Tigers have looked Australopithecene.

Baez reminds me so much of Delmon Young right now. Yeah Delmon atleast hit the occasional long ball and had better numbers than he is putting up right now but I'm just talking about the overall approach at the plate. Just wildly swinging at anything with the hopes that maybe the ball will somehow find your bat. 

2 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Baez reminds me so much of Delmon Young right now. Yeah Delmon atleast hit the occasional long ball and had better numbers than he is putting up right now but I'm just talking about the overall approach at the plate. Just wildly swinging at anything with the hopes that maybe the ball will somehow find your bat. 

The funny thing is his strike out rate is better this year than his career average (at least before today).  He'll be like this for the next six years.  Just hope that he gets back to hitting home runs soon.  

4 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

It was fine to bring up given all the injuries, but my expectations are low.  I just think he's a fringe prospect who won't hit much in the majors.  

he's already 26.  this is likely as good as it gets.  that said, he's likely to improve a bit once he gets acclimated.

otoh: it cant get any worse...

3 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

The funny thing is his strike out rate is better this year than his career average (at least before today).  He'll be like this for the next six years.  Just hope that he gets back to hitting home runs soon.  

Not sure how a guy could suck this bad for six more years and still be in the league...

Just now, Dtrain72 said:

Not sure how a guy could suck this bad for six more years and still be in the league...

He's got a six year contract for big bucks!  They would keep him to justify the signing.  He will be this bad as far as making contact, but he will likely start hitting the ball harder at some point.  

4 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

Just think how depressing it will be if Riley Greene doesn't hit for the first month.  

Riley Greene is going to come out swinging and be on fire his first month and then Al will trade him for 2 middle-of-the-road prospects because eventually if Greene keeps hitting he'll want to get paid and we can't have that.