6/18 4:10 Rangers @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

If I'm named GM today, I.............

Send Torkelson Down  (i haven't given up, but he needs to fix something)

Send Clemens Down  (clearly, he's not ready)

Send Haase down (are they keeping him because he's a local guy?)

DFA Grossman  (not part of the future, no need to clog a spot)

DFA Schoop  (looks like he's sleep walking)

Re-activate Daz Cameron  (might as well see what we've got and if he can improve)

Activate Candelario   (maybe he gets hot, maybe someone wants him in a trade)

Call up Westbrook  (hitting .329 since May 19th)

Call up Garneau   (better than Haase

Call up Kerry Carpenter  (is he ready? probably not, but he can't be worse, they need some power from somewhere)

I'm trying anything I can to shake up this team.   Maybe this sparks something, anything.  I don't really care, I am making big moves to see if this team has any life in them at all.  This team is so damaged right now that there aren't very many things I wouldn't try.  

Everyday lineup

1b - Harold Castro
2b - Willi Castro
ss - Javy Baez
3b - Jeimer Candelario
c - Tucker Barnhart
rf - Victor Reyes
cf -  Riley Greene
lf - Kerry Carpetner
dh - Miguel Cabrera

Bench - Westbrook, Garneau, Cameron 

Batting order..........I have no idea.  Baez no higher than 7th, if he doesn't like it, earn it. 

Edited by Motor City Sonics
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RaceDog said:

I'm calling for a HUGE outburst of runs for the Tigers today to celebrate Riley Day at C Park..... Tigers lose after scoring an amazing 3 runs....10-3. The wheels have fallen off the pitching staff cart.

Very optimistic. I was thinking we might score 2. 

23 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I think Candy is ready to come back.  He is hitting .385 at Toledo.  He seems to be fine.   

With Greene coming up, does that mean Kerry Carpenter is going to move from Erie to Toledo? 

Carpenter K rate:

April: 35%

May: 28%

June: 22%

That's what they wanted to see. If he doesn't revert that could be his ticket to AAA. Unfortunately the rest of his hitting has also fallen off in June - OPS back to ~720 for the month

Edited by gehringer_2

23 minutes ago, Nerb said:

I actually like Haase at cleanup. Lets get crazy with it. Who cares at this point. Worst that could happen is somebody gets going

It's an incredibly small sample size because he doesn't play much, but he has looked from the eye test to be less clueless at the plate than some of the others over the last week or so.

But that's not saying much with how awful they have been lol

2 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

It's an incredibly small sample size because he doesn't play much, but he has looked from the eye test to be less clueless at the plate than some of the others over the last week or so.

But that's not saying much with how awful they have been lol

I've felt the same about Haase's last few at bats. Also, he's apparently stepped up vocally in the clubhouse when nobody else seemingly would. Let him go out there and try and find it again, I say.

12 minutes ago, Nerb said:

The less Tucker at this point the better for me. Would love to see Rogers return in September and make Barnhart truly expendable. Dreaming, I know.

Another case of after 20 years of being in charge of drafting and scouting, this organization has not produced it's own viable starting catcher, other than his own son.  

Just now, Motor City Sonics said:

Another case of after 20 years of being in charge of drafting and scouting, this organization has not produced it's own viable starting catcher, other than his own son.  

about whom he had an absolutely foolish sense of impropriety about keeping.

4 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

every single day is Pick On Al Avila Day until he's gone.  

What if they get shut out again this weekend?   

What if they make another journeyman pitcher look like an Ace?  

Who invented liquid soap, and why? 

Here is something that I have noticed...everyone in the world except me makes a lot of noise when they are chewing.

11 minutes ago, theroundsquare said:

Sanchez seemed to be performing okay in AAA, I wonder why that stupid fucking team in St. Louis (fuck those guys) cut him loose 

They activated Jack Flaherty and had to boot someone off the 40 man roster... similar to the Brendon Davis deal where they were probably hoping he would sneak through 

Edited by mtutiger