6/18 4:10 Rangers @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

I seem to remember Miggy's 3000 hit game where the Tigers exploded for 13 runs being played at 4PM. If that is correct maybe there is a correlation with how the Tigers see the ball at Comerica later in the afternoon vs. early evening.

Either that or the 4PM start hits the sweet spot in regards to them getting a little more rest than a 1PM start after an exhausting night of ping pong while at the same time starting early enough where the troops feel confident that they can score a bunch of runs which in turn extends the game time knowing that with the earlier start there will still be plenty of ping pong time after the game.  If they do that for the 7pm games they risk cutting into valuable ping pong and air hockey time. 

8 minutes ago, UCFKNIGHT said:

Finally!! A Tigers game that has been fun to watch. Currently watching the Fox Sports(Saturday) game of the week.

Are they not in the booth together or something because they keep talking over each other.  

8 minutes ago, Tigermojo said:

Great job by the Tigers today. Sorry I wanted to bench half of you this morning.

Don’t lose that thought. There’s a high likelihood they’ll revert back into pumpkins tomorrow.

Edited by 1776

Hilarious. I've had the DVR going while working around the house and last checked in after the 1st. 

If this game were to be the point from which they break out, Riley will have to get the season MVP.  :classic_laugh:

then again, was it Leyland who said something to the effect that in baseball, "momentum is as good as the next day's pitcher". ?

Edited by gehringer_2

Just so you guys know...

These aren't regular runs. You can't say that the Tigers scored 14 runs today... In fact, anything over 3 runs scored in a single game, for the rest of this season, aren't regular runs...

They are RAGE RUNS!!!

The Tigers have scored 14 RAGE RUNS!!! today...

I thought it was important to note that...

Just now, Archie said:

I think the last time the Tigers played like this was Miggy's 3000th hit game.  After that it was another losing streak.  Hopefully this isn't the start of another long streak of futility.

Legitimate concern but circumstances are different.  All the emotion from that milestone likely was taxing. Whereas today being the debut of a highly touted prospect and him playing extremely well should put a spring in this team’s collective step that they can keep cashing in on over and over. 

but these are the Tiger’s, so……..

2 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Hilarious. I've had the DVR going while working around the house and last checked in after the 1st. 

If this game were to be the point from which they break out, Riley will have to get the season MVP.  :classic_laugh:

Same... I started doing stuff around the house after the 2nd and the Tigers leading 4-1... And come back to this BEATDOWN!!!