6/18 4:10 Rangers @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

3 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Hilarious. I've had the DVR going while working around the house and last checked in after the 1st. 

If this game were to be the point from which they break out, Riley will have to get the season MVP.  :classic_laugh:

then again, was it Leyland who said something to the effect that in baseball, "momentum is as good as the next day's pitcher". ?

Earl Weaver

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UCFKNIGHT said:

I have never been a fan of Tom Verducci. Yeah, the FS1 broadcasting team is talking over each other. Two hits by Riley Greene this afternoon. Two selective plate appearances with walks.

It’s weird, it’s almost like they aren’t in the same room/booth the way they keep talking over one another.  

My my...what a day for me and the bat and ball games.

This is the all-star weekend for my league.   So, results for Chantilly Youth Association

8U: those games are dreadful to watch.  The girls are adorable but...mein gott in himmel they never throw where they should.  Watched a couple innings on one field in Vienna and then drove off to James Madison High School to watch...

12U:  Our girl who is huge but never hits simply destroyed a ball and hit the fence on the fly for a grand slam.  The 12Uers rallied and beat a better team so then I drove back to the Vienna fields to watch some more of the

8U games back at the first field and that was dreadful again so I drove to Oakton High School field went to watch the beginning of the

18U (covers 14U all stars as well) and that didn't start very well so I watched a couple rough innings and then drove back to Vienna fields to watch

10U games which was really good.  Our CYA kids have an A+ cheer game.  They just didn't do the stupid "Nationwide" and "down by the old cemetery" cheers.  They had some good stuff and they all knew how to do it together.  They also were way better than their opponent.  By this time I was a spent unit so I headed home and turned on the

Tiger game and saw a different team than I've seen all season.   Welcome Riley Greene!, Welcome players who looked like they were supposed to look in 2022. 

1 hour ago, BBFCFM said:

Legitimate concern but circumstances are different.  All the emotion from that milestone likely was taxing. Whereas today being the debut of a highly touted prospect and him playing extremely well should put a spring in this team’s collective step that they can keep cashing in on over and over. 

but these are the Tiger’s, so……..

I hope you're right.  A nice 10 game winning streak would be nice.  Actually I would be happy as long as they win more than they lose from here.