6/26 4:10 PM Tigers @ Diamondbacks

Motor City Sonics

from Chase Field, Phoenix, AZ

72º and Roofy

TV: Bally Sports Detroit

Radio: WXYT-FM (97.1) and all Tiger affiliates (Ch. 187 Sirius/XM)

Beau  Brieske (1-6  4.07)
vs. 
Dallas Keuchel (2-5,  7.88)

Tigers roll into town like a Haboob.   Will brooms be needed today? 

(Photo) Check Out This Dust Storm, Or 'Haboob', Descending Upon Chase Field In Phoenix ...

Beau "Bad Luck" Brieske has been impressive lately but not always getting run support.   Dallas Keuchel making his first start for Arizona, trying to salvage his career.  

Dallas has not faced the Tigers this year, but in 5 appearances (4 starts) against the Tigers last year he was 1-1 with a 6.53 ERA and a WHiP of 2.032.  In 20 2/3 IP against the Tigers he gave up 34 hits, 15 ER with 8 BB and 10 KJs.   Those is ugly numbers.   I like our chances today.  

Pick The Stick?   I think The Rook hits his first HR today.  

Edited by Motor City Sonics

I really would love for Grossman to go on a tear of some kind.   I think there is a contending team that could use a good switch-hitting outfielder, even as a 4th outfielder.   But look around the big leagues.......some decent teams with terrilbe-hitting outfielders on them.   Maybe we can get some A-ball catcher. 

Daz was starting to look better, like something was finally clicking.  Even some of his outs were hard hit. 

I would rather see what we've got with Cameron.   Marinating at Toledo isn't going to make him better at this point. 

Oh, and Kerry Carpenter didn't waste any time.   First AB he hits a 587 ft home run (okay, I have no idea how far it went, but as far as the box score is concerned.....) and he also had a 2b with 3 RBI.     Sometimes there's s story like that...someone coming out of nowhere....why can't it be our story?

And anything on Meadows?     I kind of get the feeling they are going to shut him down for the year pretty soon. 

A few weeks ago I had these, like, Mexican potato chips.   They were awesome.   It's like they take tortillas and deep fry them like potato chips.........we dipped ours in some Mexican ketchup that had chunks of peppers and onions in them, they called it Salser, or something like that.    Does anyone know where I can find some of these Toritilla Chips, I think that's what they call them.   Good stuff.    (Oh, and they had this dip with melted cheese and the mexican ketchup mixed in, they called it Case-O.............amazing stuff.    

39 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I really would love for Grossman to go on a tear of some kind.   I think there is a contending team that could use a good switch-hitting outfielder, even as a 4th outfielder.   But look around the big leagues.......some decent teams with terrilbe-hitting outfielders on them.   Maybe we can get some A-ball catcher. 

Daz was starting to look better, like something was finally clicking.  Even some of his outs were hard hit. 

I would rather see what we've got with Cameron.   Marinating at Toledo isn't going to make him better at this point. 

Oh, and Kerry Carpenter didn't waste any time.   First AB he hits a 587 ft home run (okay, I have no idea how far it went, but as far as the box score is concerned.....) and he also had a 2b with 3 RBI.     Sometimes there's s story like that...someone coming out of nowhere....why can't it be our story?

And anything on Meadows?     I kind of get the feeling they are going to shut him down for the year pretty soon. 

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

A few weeks ago I had these, like, Mexican potato chips.   They were awesome.   It's like they take tortillas and deep fry them like potato chips.........we dipped ours in some Mexican ketchup that had chunks of peppers and onions in them, they called it Salser, or something like that.    Does anyone know where I can find some of these Toritilla Chips, I think that's what they call them.   Good stuff.    (Oh, and they had this dip with melted cheese and the mexican ketchup mixed in, they called it Case-O.............amazing stuff.    

You should write restaurant reviews.

19 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

We desperately needed an outfielder and we had too many infielders.    I'm fine with the trade.  I do think Meadows, once healthy, will rebound.  It might not be until next season, but I am not giving up on him in half a season.   Paredes still only has a .273 OBP.    It's too early to really compare him to anyone, but I think, at his best, he's Jhonny Peralta - and that's his ceiling.  I can live without having a Jhonny Peralta.    I think Meadows could have a Bobby Higginson-like career, which before the quick decline, was pretty good.  

You probably have already seen that Paredes was 3-for-5 last night and hit his 10th homer.

You may not have seen that he is already 2-for-2 with a walk today.

His on base is now .308. AL average OBP is .307. So there goes that criticism.

Also, his slugging is up over .600.

By the way, how’s Austin Meadows doing? Out of COVID protocol and preparing to start a rehab stint?

Cool.

I know, I know … it’s really too early to compare.

Still … all this is happening, though. 

Paredes' HR/FB is about what Mike Trout's is. If does keep that up then every single person in the Det org that had anything to do with giving him batting instruction or the decision to move him really does need to be fired. OTOH, he may be this year's Chris Shelton. Of course the two are not necessarily mutually exclusive.....🤔

2 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Paredes' HR/FB is about what Mike Trout's is. If does keep that up then every single person in the Det org that had anything to do with giving him batting instruction or the decision to move him really does need to be fired. OTOH, he may be this year's Chris Shelton. Of course the two are not necessarily mutually exclusive.....🤔

He’s now 3-for-3 today with two doubles and an RBI.