6/26 4:10 PM Tigers @ Diamondbacks

Motor City Sonics

Just now, Motor City Sonics said:

This is where talk of AJ leaving.........really doesn't bother me. 

What he's doing to this pitcher is pretty brutal.   Letting him drown.    Unless they are just out of pitchers, but are they?  

but that's the thing with relievers, if you take them out quick you get them back quick. You leave them deep, you lose them for a couple of days. There is no way around it, you face a certain number of batters, you use a certain number of pitchers. The only real way to save your pen is to get out of innings. If you don't, you just burn the guy giving up the runs plus the guy who finally puts out the fire. The only good exception I would see is a guy you are sending out the next day anyway.

10 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

but that's the thing with relievers, if you take them out quick you get them back quick. You leave them deep, you lose them for a couple of days. There is no way around it, you face a certain number of batters, you use a certain number of pitchers. The only real way to save your pen is to get out of innings. If you don't, you just burn the guy giving up the runs plus the guy who finally puts out the fire. The only good exception I would see is a guy you are sending out the next day anyway.

With tomorrow off, we can use the BP a bit more.

14 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

The thing is that they have a couple of off days this series. Vest needs to sink or swim, but you can see an argument that AJ needed to sell out today with those off days.

My guess is that AJ is looking beyond the SF series and to the 19 games in 17 day stretch afterward and wants to be in the best possible shape going into it.

Edited by mtutiger

1 minute ago, Motor City Sonics said:

What's going on with Kyle Funkhouser? 

I'd put him on the same level as Matt Manning...meaning I don't expect to see him this season unless there is some kind of miraculous recovery.

42 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

So I got the Bally's sports streaming service just now.    It is available through Amazon Fire Stick, but not through Roku or You Tube TV. 

To watch games I had to pay MLB.TV $13 a month and VPN service $13 so I could say I was in Salt Lake City.   I would have to have a computer or laptop hooked up to a TV.   The computer and laptop I had were older ones so things were sometimes slow (Microsoft Edge messing things up too)

Now I can just turn it on and I am saving $6 a month.     Much better this way.    I wasn't watching any other MLB games anyway.

Thank You Sinclair for realizing it's 2022 and people are dumping cable.  I

It's on Roku. I don't need it cause I have Xfinity but I loaded it just in case.

16 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

The other issue is...

It takes some time to warm up another pitcher. And warming up that pitcher "burns" him if you don't get him into the game, the same as if he had actually pitched an inning. I'm not certain how much time... 15 minutes WAG?

And by then the shooting might already be over.