2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

12 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

The Supreme Court won't confirm the Colorado ruling. Trump needs to be defeated in an election.

Or actually be convicted of a crime or three.

Convictions are coming. Trump lost the popular vote both in 2016 and 2020. Many of the politicians he endorsed have lost. I would say the Colorado Supreme Court ruling will actually give him a boost if SCOTUS over-rules it. But will he be forced to campaign from prison? I know he lost my vote the day I saw him mock a reporter with a disability. But I guess we all have our personal limits that we'll allow. Some people don't like the fact that he's a sexual predator. Or his sexist rants. Or his racist remarks. Even the schoolyard bully who makes up nicknames to his opponents turns off some people. But most of these people agree he shouldn't get our vote for POTUS.

12 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Convictions are coming. Trump lost the popular vote both in 2016 and 2020. Many of the politicians he endorsed have lost. I would say the Colorado Supreme Court ruling will actually give him a boost if SCOTUS over-rules it. But will he be forced to campaign from prison? I know he lost my vote the day I saw him mock a reporter with a disability. But I guess we all have our personal limits that we'll allow. Some people don't like the fact that he's a sexual predator. Or his sexist rants. Or his racist remarks. Even the schoolyard bully who makes up nicknames to his opponents turns off some people. But most of these people agree he shouldn't get our vote for POTUS.

Once he is convicted he definitely should be blocked from the ballot. The Colorado case means practically nothing until it reaches the Supreme Court.

The ruling I'm waiting for is the one on whether he can be held responsible for his actions post elections and while he was still in office. 

3 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

Once he is convicted he definitely should be blocked from the ballot. The Colorado case means practically nothing until it reaches the Supreme Court.

The ruling I'm waiting for is the one on whether he can be held responsible for his actions post elections and while he was still in office. 

There's no such thing as presidential immunity. Otherwise, presidents could commit any crime that a typical citizen would go to prison for. Trump makes things up for his base to repeat and make him look less guilty. He's an infected boil on the ass of America. A national embarrassment. 

3 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

If the Supreme Court upholds this ruling, watch for other states to follow suit. The cult will have to write his name in and loving the poorly educated may backfire on the orange turd.

Pretty offensive, which checks out with 1984 loving this comment.   Yeah, that's Trump's problem, that he loves the poorly educated. 

2 hours ago, CMRivdogs said:

He hasn't been indicted on any charges related to insurrection though, correct?  Let alone found guilty.  I mean he's right up there with OJ in terms of being guilty, but I hate to set this precedence.  

Honestly, isn't this also election interference by the Colorado AG / CO supreme court?

• Thanks 1

No person shall ... hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any state, who, having previously taken an oath ... as an officer of the United States ... to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same ...

so, the 14th amendment requires no convictions. Confederates who were booted or barred from fed government did not get a trials where they argued about Northern aggression.

any conviction of Trump does not hurt the argument he engaged insurrection or rebellion, but conviction is both 1) not needed under the 14th amendment and 2) not relevant without the 14th amendment.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, ewsieg said:

He hasn't been indicted on any charges related to insurrection though, correct?  Let alone found guilty.  I mean he's right up there with OJ in terms of being guilty, but I hate to set this precedence.  

Honestly, isn't this also election interference by the Colorado AG / CO supreme court?

Don't need to be charged or convicted, according to the Constitution. And he took an oath to uphold the Constitution.

1 hour ago, ewsieg said:

Pretty offensive, which checks out with 1984 loving this comment.   Yeah, that's Trump's problem, that he loves the poorly educated. 

Offensive? After Trump calls every single opponent a made up nickname? Talking about how ugly someone's wife is? Yes, he's offensive. Offensive to the entire country. Or world.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ewsieg said:

He hates the poorly educated. They disgust him, and you know that.

But the poorly educated white trash of this country LOVE him, and MAGA consists of 99.9% of poorly educated white trash. That's who he caters to, and you know that.

But go ahead and be a hypocrite, or go ahead and proceed with a dishonest conversation instead of an honest one and tell me otherwise.

PS: I loved SF's post because: (A) I would like to see the Supreme Court uphold the ruling. Did you have a problem with that? (B) I would like to see other states follow suit, particularly Arizona, Michigan, PA, and Georgia. Did you have a problem with that? (C) I would love to force Trump to be a write-in candidate in every state that is possible, because it would split the Republican Party in two. Then they could restart as two parties, one MAGA Republican Party, and one Establishment Republicans that decrees it's platform to be: a balanced budget, globalism, socially moderate, anti-fascist, experts in finance & foreign policy, secure borders, etc... Did you have a problem with that.

I didn't even mean my love of SF's post to concern that last point that you decided to pick out of 4 different key points... But since you've mentioned it: Trump caters to the poorly educated and you know that to be true. If you wanna claim otherwise, I'm calling you a LIAR.

34 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

Oh, jeez, 84Echoes…

For once, can you entertain the notion of NOT going full-on rant mode?

It’s tiresome 

If I have this correct, you're characterizing my post as a full-on rant... because why? Because i used more than two sentences? Are posts NOT ALLOWED to have more than two sentences?

But this post is OK... do I have that correct? Ewsieg personally insults me and that's OK... right?

2 hours ago, ewsieg said:

I think your personal attacks on me are prejudiced smr. You are no longer objective, AT ALL, when I post.

IMO.

1 hour ago, Sports_Freak said:

Offensive? After Trump calls every single opponent a made up nickname? Talking about how ugly someone's wife is? Yes, he's offensive. Offensive to the entire country. Or world.

Ted Cruz should have punched Trump in the face for that comment about his wife.  It would have been the first time anybody respected him.  

• Like 2