7/5 7:10 Guardians @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

Just now, chasfh said:

God, do I hate position players pitching. I can’t watch this shit anymore.

Can’t blame Hinch here.  Cleveland has given up.  19 games in 17 days.  Peralta just hurt himself to go along with all of the other hurt pitchers.  It’s not aesthetically pleasing, but he’s smart taking advantage of this situation.

• Like 1

Just now, casimir said:

Can’t blame Hinch here.  Cleveland has given up.  19 games in 17 days.  Peralta just hurt himself to go along with all of the other hurt pitchers.  It’s not aesthetically pleasing, but he’s smart taking advantage of this situation.

This is all true. I still hate it.

Just now, lordstanley said:

Dan Dickerson calls it ridiculous, thinks should let teams have way more pitchers this year. 

I don’t think it’s gonna be just this year, and I don’t think it matters whether there are 14 pitchers on a staff or 40 pitchers. Teams have come to recognize that it makes no sense to waste an actual pitcher late in the game with a 8+-or-so run differential when you can put a position guy fro way down your roster out there to throw meatballs just to get it over with. I think at this point The Game would have to legislate it away to stop it, and I don’t sense that they’re interested enough in the issue to do that.

2 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Dan Dickerson calls it ridiculous, thinks should let teams have way more pitchers this year. 

Why should teams be allowed more pitchers this year?  MLB allowed 14 Ps through, what, Memorial Day or sometime after that?  Do other teams have a similar catalog of pitching injuries that the Tigers do?

1 minute ago, RandyMarsh said:

Love taking 3 straight from the Guardians, yeah it helps the Twins but I think I've grown to hate Cleveland even more at the moment since they've kicked our ass so much the past 5 or 6 years. 

Love taking three straight from anybody anytime.

Just now, lordstanley said:

Doubleheaders. 

That’s a fair point, each team had a few scheduled due to the lost two weeks.  But the extra player is allowed for doubleheaders.

I think a bigger issue is the evolution of throwing harder rather than pitching.

What a godsend Riley Greene is. It’s been so long since we’ve had a rookie come up with real talent, all the hype, and still come out of the gate smoking. He is someone to genuinely look forward to coming to the plate, and bonus, he’s a pretty good defender.

Tigers are 24-24 since the 9-23 start. Since then they’ve lost 2.5 games in the standings to Minnesota, lost 0.5 game in standings to Cleveland, gained 1.0 game in standings to Chicago and gained 5.5 games in standings on KC. 

A9C22C01-B0DA-4CF0-9D91-282B72337A59.jpeg

Edited by lordstanley
  • Like 1

I’m happy Drew Hutchison was credited with the win this evening. DFA twice, declared free agency twice and signed 3 minor league contracts all in one season. Hutchison, I believe, signed his first minor league contract to attend spring training. Baseball is a strange, terrifying and lovely game at the same time.