Jump to content

7/11 @ 2:10 Tigers @ Royals DH Game #1


Recommended Posts

Quote

• Right-handed starter Matt Manning (right shoulder inflammation) will begin his rehab assignment Thursday with Low-A Lakeland. He could make an appearance with Toledo next Sunday, along with García and Faedo, to get in-game reps before the break.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

Waters was Atlanta's #1 prospect and Hoffman their 23rd according to MLB. Seems like a lot but we will see how it pans out.  

Fangraphs as of last month has Waters at #10 and Hoffman at #16, which makes sense since Waters's last three seasons at AAA saw wRC+ of 84 in 2019, 94 last year, and 84 this year across almost 800 plate trips. That is a significant difference in opinion, and I'm thinking that based on the trade, the Royals and Braves agree more with FG than MLB here.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Fangraphs as of last month has Waters at #10 and Hoffman at #16, which makes sense since Waters's last three seasons at AAA saw wRC+ of 84 in 2019, 94 last year, and 84 this year across almost 800 plate trips. That is a significant difference in opinion, and I'm thinking that based on the trade, the Royals and Braves agree more with FG than MLB here.

That's fair, I looked at his stats and was very surprised to see him that high. With Harris coming into his own the Braves didn't exactly need a CF anyways. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Fangraphs as of last month has Waters at #10 and Hoffman at #16, which makes sense since Waters's last three seasons at AAA saw wRC+ of 84 in 2019, 94 last year, and 84 this year across almost 800 plate trips. That is a significant difference in opinion, and I'm thinking that based on the trade, the Royals and Braves agree more with FG than MLB here.

100%. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, LongLiveMaroth said:

That's fair, I looked at his stats and was very surprised to see him that high. With Harris coming into his own the Braves didn't exactly need a CF anyways. 

The general consensus around the Braves system is that it is in the lower third in terms of strength at the moment. Tigers system isn't too different... really pitcher heavy as opposed to having quality depth in terms of position players.

The Braves side of the trade is interesting to me... they must have someone they really like who will be there at 35

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

The general consensus around the Braves system is that it is in the lower third in terms of strength at the moment. Tigers system isn't too different... really pitcher heavy as opposed to having quality depth in terms of position players.

The Braves side of the trade is interesting to me... they must have someone they really like who will be there at 35

Also you have to wonder if the Royals have something under-slot already lined up for #9. They did last year with Frank Mozzicato.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Kody Clemens is hitting .250 with a .333 OBP, 3 HR, a .278 ISO, a .365 wOBA and a 140 wRC+ in his last 42 PA.

The first hit was such a struggle.  But he seems to have found his footing a bit since then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      185
    • Most Online
      119

    Newest Member
    roarintiger1
    Joined
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...