7/14 7:10 Tigers @ Guardians

Tigeraholic1

28 minutes ago, BBFCFM said:

Sorry if already posted:

was disappointed to hear Craig Monroe replacing Alex tonight.  Heard him say Candelario can carry a team for weeks when he gets hot.  

LOL.  What a JOKE.  

He’s still a ballplayer in his own mind, and ballplayers are relentlessly positive and upbeat when speaking about game in public. For ballplayers still in the game, I think it might be a defense mechanism against the idea that your career can end with any cold spell. If you talk only about good things, good things will happen to you. You don’t wanna jinx yourself.

For ballplayers out of the game, I guess it’s a way to maintain their central identity as a ballplayer. Some guys devote their entire young lives to the idea and just can’t let it go. Maybe there’s some fear of aging there. I don’t know.

In my opinion, as a broadcaster, putting on the ballplayer act is unprofessional. I don’t believe you can be a broadcasting professional if you’re openly rooting for “the guys” and referring to them by their cutesy-poo clubhouse nicknames. It feels unseemly. 

Edited by chasfh

Is it reasonable to start asking if these guys are tuning AJ out at this point?  This offense and these AB's/ awful plate approaches are literally historically bad, some of that has to fall on the manager and his staff at some point.   Sure the talent is thin, but it really is uncaannily awful...it's gotta be a combo platter of bad all around.

8 minutes ago, Dtrain72 said:

Is it reasonable to start asking if these guys are tuning AJ out at this point?  This offense and these AB's/ awful plate approaches are literally historically bad, some of that has to fall on the manager and his staff at some point.   Sure the talent is thin, but it really is uncaannily awful...it's gotta be a combo platter of bad all around.

Yes and we are stuck with him, thanks to Al Avila outbidding himself with the only offer that Hinch received.

• Like 1