07/25/2022 7:10 EDT San Diego Padres at Detroit Tigers

casimir

1 minute ago, Jim Cowan said:

Yes and he just rocketed up to the Mendoza line!

Baby steps.lol Had an .879 OPS in the last 7 days coming into this game, obviously small sample size but considering he has a little track record of hitting it gives me some hope that perhaps he can figure things out. 

5 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Baby steps.lol Had an .879 OPS in the last 7 days coming into this game, obviously small sample size but considering he has a little track record of hitting it gives me some hope that perhaps he can figure things out. 

100%. 

lol I swear when they cut to the fan standing infront of the Cabrera's HR sign the previous pitch I was gonna say something like "Buddy you can stand there for the rest of the season and you're not going to change that number" 

Edited by RandyMarsh
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

lol I swear when they cut to the fan standing infront of the Cabrera's HR sign I was gonna say something like "Buddy you can stand there for the rest of the season and you're not going to change that number" 

That homer is definitely and indicator of where he's at... He used to crush those pitches back in the day. Now they are "homer in 3 out of 30 parks" shots

Just now, Crazy Cat Gentleman said:

I think the Padres' fans are the ones ready to drink battery acid tonight.

It's been so long but I'm trying to think how I would've reacted back when we were good and in a tight playoff race and got blown out by a scrub team. I'm sure I wouldn't have been happy. 

They quickly brought up notable MLBers from Michigan which made me think of Chris Getz who I faced a couple times in High School. I remember the first time we faced him he was developing a rep among local High School teams and coaches for how good he was, we were a good squad that year and didn't buy into the hype, he proceeded to hit 4 doubles and a triple against us along with making plays at short that I never witnessed a high school player make before.  I always think about how he was on another planet compared to the vast majority of guys I played against yet was a nobody in the big leagues, that experience always puts into perspective just how good even the worst MLB players are. Well except for current Tigers of course. 

12 hours ago, mtutiger said:

That homer is definitely and indicator of where he's at... He used to crush those pitches back in the day. Now they are "homer in 3 out of 30 parks" shots

He is a smart hitter and trying to make sure he is effective his last 2 seasons.  If he is trying to mash balls he will 100% injure himself at this point and be out of the line up.  Not good for us since he is our best hitter right now.

1 hour ago, CMRivdogs said:

I'd settle for free Jamoca Shakes for life

They are so good.  I get Arbys maybe once a year and when I do I got to order that shake.  Last night coming home from my golf league, had to pick my kids up from my parents place...it is WAAAAY past their bed time so I am trying to rush, but I did not eat donner so had to stop quick...go to TB and had to ask the lady if they still make mexi melts....they used to be soooo good....they do not make them anymore unfortunately.