08/07/2022 6:10 EDT Tampa Bay Rays at Detroit Tigers

casimir

1 minute ago, 1984Echoes said:

If he makes it through the 7th however I think it's time to make a move to the BP...

I wonder if they will do the opposite of what they've done with a lot of our younger pitchers and try and get him as many innings as possible, prepping for the 2023 season?  He's missed a lot of time this year.

His control has been pinpoint today.   Painting corners with fastball and perfect accuracy on sinker and slider.  I made the comment in his last start that I didn’t think Manning had the stuff to be  successful if his fb sat at 92 but that’s out the window if he can have this type of control. 

Just now, Hongbit said:

His control has been pinpoint today.   Painting corners with fastball and perfect accuracy on sinker and slider.  I made the comment in his last start that I didn’t think Manning had the stuff to be  successful if his fb sat at 92 but that’s out the window if he can have this type of control. 

He can bring a lot more heat than that.

But if he's being pushed to NOT max out the MPH and it results in a lower speed FB but ALSO this much better control... that's probably a winning formula. And I am sure he can dial it back in when he needs to throw a 4-seamer at the top of the zone...

Manning has pitched extremely well today. I would have been happy with six innings and 80+ pitches in that he is just back in the rotation and getting back up to par. I’m just wanting to see these guys stay healthy first and foremost. 

9 minutes ago, 1776 said:

Manning has pitched extremely well today. I would have been happy with six innings and 80+ pitches in that he is just back in the rotation and getting back up to par. I’m just wanting to see these guys stay healthy first and foremost. 

Manning finishing the year strong would be such a big pick-me-up going into next year. 

5 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Manning finishing the year strong would be such a big pick-me-up going into next year. 

Same with Skubal.

And Eduardo.

And Brieske.

These guys are all short-term outs, unless I'm mistaken. All back before September?

Hill too for that matter, although I think he is still breathing in our rotation...?