08/13/2022 7:10 EDT Detroit Tigers at Chicago White Sox

casimir

Matt Manning takes the hill for the hapless Tigers. 

What fiascos are in store for this evening? Base running mistakes? Misjudged balls in the outfield? Middle infielders throwing errors? A historically (really!) bad offense? Only one way to find out fans. Tune in to tonight’s debacle for all the answers.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I saw in a tweet earlier that we are 7-31 since we won those 6 straight games in early July. I knew it was bad 5 or 6 weeks but I didn't realize it has been THAT bad. 

Funny what can happen when your starters are on the DL, your lineup is abysmal and the SS can’t make the routine throw to 1B. Did I mention what had been a  stellar bullpen coming back down to earth?  I think the more apt question is how they won those 7 games?

Just when you thought you heard every putrid offensive stat imaginable for the Tigers Shep comes out with  another banger. The Tigers have only scored 8 runs ALL SEASON in the 1st inning of road games. They've played 56 road games so that's 8 runs in 56 innings. The league average MLB team this year averages .5 runs per 1st inning so an average team would have scored roughly 28 runs in those same innings so were like 70% worse than AVERAGE in the 1st inning.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, buddha said:

ump gives us a walk on what should have been strike three, jimenez stands there and watches as greene's fly ball hits the warning track and we got three runs!

this is how it starts.  this is how we get bert's runs.

Wemdelstedts zone is a little offset from where the box is tonight. He gave Carpenter that one but called  a ball wide to the on the other side a strike on a Tiger batter earlier.

Edited by gehringer_2

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

I saw in a tweet earlier that we are 7-31 since we won those 6 straight games in early July. I knew it was bad 5 or 6 weeks but I didn't realize it has been THAT bad. 

Actually 7-24, so 7 of 31, but that is still brutal. And started 9-23. So just one short 51-game stretch of decent 27-24 ball in the middle.