08/23/2022 7:10 EDT San Francisco Giants at Detroit Tigers

casimir

2 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

The human rally killer Miguel Cabrera quickly shuts down any hopes of a big inning with the GIDP. 

I don't get the point of playing him when the knee is not good. Completely pointless. I find it hard to believe he doesn't know once he warms up each day whether he is going to be able to drive off it or not.

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

I don't get the point of playing him when the knee is not good. Completely pointless. I find it hard to believe he doesn't know once he warms up each day whether he is going to be able to drive off it or not.

I don't get it either.  I was content to see him getting on base couple of months ago...he wasn't blocking anyone...but that stopped a while ago.  Yes he should be capable of deciding that he isn't healthy enough to play.

• Thanks 1

Miggy is the negative side of Tigers legends, on the positive side is Justin Verlander who is currently through 6 no hit innings against the Twins with 10Ks. At 91 pitches so unless they just let him empty the tank I don't know if he will be able to go the full 9 but he's been as good as ever tonight. Only Twin to reach base was off a passed strike 3. 

Edited by RandyMarsh
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

The human rally killer Miguel Cabrera quickly shuts down any hopes of a big inning with the GIDP. 

9 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

8 hours ago, Jim Cowan said:

I don't get it either.  I was content to see him getting on base couple of months ago...he wasn't blocking anyone...but that stopped a while ago.  Yes he should be capable of deciding that he isn't healthy enough to play.

You play him because he's a future hall of famer, Ballys has to show the milestone tracker in the stands, and all 9,241 people that showed up bought their tickets to see him swing a bat.