08/23/2022 7:10 EDT San Francisco Giants at Detroit Tigers

casimir

Was there a big baserunning play at 3rd base in one of the games in Sam Francisco? I forget whether it was a Tiger getting picked off like Darrell Evans or thrown out, or a Tigers fielder dropping a ball at 3rd instead of making an easy tag. Or none of that happened at all and I’m just scrambled. 

I remember I went to the Lions game the same day as either game 3 or 4. Ran into a couple from SF who made the trip for the WS. They were nice people I remember my then gf and I had a couple drinks with them and they were talking about how much nicer Detroit was then they were expecting. 

Come to think of it that was a pretty rough morning and afternoon of drinking so I may not have even watched what ever game that was and perhaps that's why I don't remember it 

2 hours ago, lordstanley said:

Was there a big baserunning play at 3rd base in one of the games in Sam Francisco? I forget whether it was a Tiger getting picked off like Darrell Evans or thrown out, or a Tigers fielder dropping a ball at 3rd instead of making an easy tag. Or none of that happened at all and I’m just scrambled. 

Prince Fielders belly flop ??

1 hour ago, theroundsquare said:

must've been game 4.  twas a sunday.  colder than [insert preferred simile here]

Yes it was. And the later starts didn’t help.  We partied with some nice SF fans who flew in that day once they win game 3 and ticket prices plummeted.  They were nice people.  “We are all baseball fans.”   It was weird. I got excited when they were winning and Peralta almost won it in the 9th. But I didn’t want them to win because it meant my tickets for game 5 would activate and cost me $190.   I knew they were not going to win the series.