09/01/2022 1:10 EDT Seattle Mariners at Detroit Tigers

casimir

39 minutes ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

This nightmare of a season can’t end soon enough. Not only have I no desire to watch, I’m at the point of deleting all my scoring alerts in my phone. 

lol you get this crap alerted on your phone? I guess I'm not better since I have it on tv ( but barely watch) sigh!

They need to make a rule that guys can't jump into the netting.

Seattle player jumps into the net and the ump calls the batter out. It was overturned on the challenge but there shouldn't even be a question about that. First, he trapped the ball against the net. Second, he was completely out of the field of play and third, he dropped the ball. 

Someone is going to get hurt doing that. It's not a bouncy castle guys.

Are they really going into a discussion on team WAR? That's a stat that is pretty devoid of meaning when you have actual wins.  I've noticed this when Shep overemphasizes a meaningless fact, but I get the feeling some of the issues with the broadcast are in the truck. Did they lose some production staff when Mario/Rod left?

12 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

Are they really going into a discussion on team WAR? That's a stat that is pretty devoid of meaning when you have actual wins.  I've noticed this when Shep overemphasizes a meaningless fact, but I get the feeling some of the issues with the broadcast are in the truck. Did they lose some production staff when Mario/Rod left?

that's shep trying to be smart.

next thing you know he'll be talking about torque...

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Tigermojo said:

They need to make a rule that guys can't jump into the netting.

Seattle player jumps into the net and the ump calls the batter out. It was overturned on the challenge but there shouldn't even be a question about that. First, he trapped the ball against the net. Second, he was completely out of the field of play and third, he dropped the ball. 

Someone is going to get hurt doing that. It's not a bouncy castle guys.

It was a fine play.  Only about 5,000 folks in the park, nobody in the front row.

Seriously, it was a fine play, terrific effort, and ultimately the correct call was made on the overturn.

I disagree with the completely out of play.  We saw baseballs brought back in from the other side of the barrier often enough and they don’t them out of play.  Home runs any more, foul balls before the netting.  We’ve seen it plenty, and if the ball is successfully caught, the out has been registered.