22-23 Red Wings Prospects Threads

slothfacekilla

cossa looks much better this year.  much more under control and not flailing around as much.  got beat on a wonder goal by fantili, but other than that he looked good.

still loving lombardi.  he makes plays.  goes to the net.  feisty.  

the wings look much better than they did at this tournament the last two years when they were getting physically whupped all over the place.  they are much bigger.  the downside may be they look a little slow on defense.  mathurin made a lot of mistakes.  gibson got undressed by fantili on the goal.

i love overreacting to one period of prospect tournament hockey!  its an annual tradition.

47 minutes ago, buddha said:

just seems right that the wings have a guy named sawchuk on the squad.

was at UM as and undergrad years ago with a couple of Sawchuks. Terry's nephews or maybe couzins IIRC, but neither played Hockey beyond IM, though both were pretty athletic.  A Sawchuk playing now could be one of their grandchildren.

Some nice ASP context from someone on the HFBoards:

29 games last year in SHL/Champion's League ASP had a total of 2 goals and 3 assists.

This year through 7 games he has 3 goals and an assist.

He's stepping up against the adults, I am very encouraged by his play so far.  I guess we'll need a 23-24 Prospect Thread here soon...

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

that probably won't work very often in the NHL, but it does show he's plenty strong on his skates.

Ya for sure I would hope he wouldn't try that in the NHL, he would get lit up at the blueline with how the defense was set up.  Still nice to see his skating and stickhandling though.  Kid is on fire right now: